I. Cannot....

Abbey

Spork Queen
...scan anymore!!! My next deadline is Aug. 1 for one of my books. I have scanned and scanned and scanned. These are OLD documents that need a bit of doctoring up as well. I'm down to probably 100 or so. I just need to knock them out. Blah.

I have one that is a 3 piecer...I have to blend the 3. Argh. I've spent the last 2 days trying to get it right.

The plan is (haha...don't know how this is going to happen) to meet in early August in Vegas with the publisher, Bill and his nephew to make the next step, which is the blending of the photos with the story. Now, if we can get all involved in the same place at the same time...it will be a miracle.

Bill will be 90 in August. His step is to read what I've written...correct misspelled places over the world that don't even exist anymore. Nephew will take the unnamed photos and put them in the correct spot. Oh, my. I'll only have a few days there so IT HAS TO HAPPEN.

The corrected copy will then be sent to me by snail mail because Bill won't deal with computers, then I make corrections...send them back to publisher/nephew and hopefully it's a done deal. THEN I get paid the remainder of my fee.

What a project.

Then, I get to go back to the 'real' book that I've put off while working on this project. Good Lord if I actually got a job during this.

Back to scanning.

Abbey

M

ML

Wishing you a speedy conclusion to the ugly part of the project so you have more time to concentrate on the creative one. You are so talented and I look forward to reading your real book. Love, ML

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Oh, my Abbey. Talk about tedious. But it sounds as if you're coming into the home stretch of this book, which is a very good thing. (cuz I'm dying to read it and own my very own copy)

Good idea for future projects........get a large usb drive or external hard drive. Keep projects stored on them. Then even if something happens to your computer, or say you have to use a different computer......you just plug in the usb or the external drive and poof, it's already there....no scanning needed. :)

External drives aren't very expensive these days. And I think they're invaluable.

Hugs

Abbey

Spork Queen
Well, I just finished scanning MY LAST PHOTO!!!! :bravo::happyguy::happyguy::wine:
I must have a good 500+ of them. Fortunately, I am not the one who will pick and choose through them. It's his life history...he take all or whatever he wants.

Backup time. Then call nephew and Bill. Burn to disc. Ahh..my mind is whirling. (I'm supposed to be looking for a job.) Shhh...don't tell.

Abbey