I can't remember how to get free credit reports...anyone?

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by DDD, Sep 17, 2012.

1. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

I know that some years ago we had a thread about getting a free report from each of the three credit rating companies because I did it, lol. Now I'm trying to get the # for difficult child#1 and after filling in all the info you have to sign up etc. Chances are I am in the wrong church or the wrong pew. His Disability payment comes soon and we are hoping he can buy a house. If his # is too low then I think there are experts who can negotiate debts so your number improves. Anyway if you know I'd appreciate it. Thanks DDD

2. AnnieO

AnnieO Shooting from the Hip

www.annualcreditreport.com

You can get one from each agency, once a year. I get one in April, the second in August and the third in December, so they're staggered.

3. LittleDudesMom

LittleDudesMom Well-Known Member Staff Member

DDD,

another great resource is creditkarma.com. My uncle's financial advisor told us about it and I use it all the time. It will advise you via your email if someone makes a hit on your report, your credit rating changes, etc. Totally free and no selling of your information to a third party.

Sharon

4. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

Thank you both so much. Between the two sites it should save alot of worry. DDD