I DIDN'T volunteer!!!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Tonight was easy child's soccer team meeting for the Fall season. They were asking for volunteers for assistant coach, team mom, etc. easy child kept poking me when they mentioned Team Mom and I shushed her quickly. I was her Team Mom last year. I want a break! Thankfully, someone else was very eager to do this job, so YAY for THEM!!!

I did call husband and ask if he was interested in the assistant coach spot. And he said yes! Should be interesting to see if he can keep from getting red carded for his mouth this year. :tongue:

busywend

How nice of you to give someone else a chance at team mom ;). That is your story and you are stickin' to it!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'll tell ya what girlfriend.......I AM SO BLOODY PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!

NO NO NO NO NO.......

EVERYONE SAY IT WITH ME........
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:tongue:

GOOD JOB CHICKIE!!

DammitJanet

I miss team mom. I was team mom for years and years.

I cant even begin to tell you how much I miss those days. When they grow up and move on and there are no more little league or pee wee football games...gosh...sob sob.

susiestar

Roll With It
how wonderful! Now another parent will get to feel the warm fuzzies from being team mom!

My mother frequently reminds me that "No." is a complete sentence.

Her sister uses the line, "I don't think I would enjoy that." and then she changes subjects - not said in a mean way, but rather a thoughtful, almost dreamy way.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Her sister uses the line, "I don't think I would enjoy that." and then she changes subjects - not said in a mean way, but rather a thoughtful, almost dreamy way.

Oooooh, I LOVE that!

Janet, you can always volunteer for whatever Keyana decides to try! Softball? Soccer? Basketball?

difficult child 1's soccer coach this year is a retired grandfather who used to just coach his grandson's team, but he enjoys it so much he's still doing it!

DammitJanet

Im looking forward to that. I really cant wait...lol. I never knew how much I was gonna miss it. Back when I had two or three running from one field to the other and racing to get to each of their games it was frantic. But gosh it is one of the best memories of my time with them as kids. I have pics of their teams and I get so teary when I look at them. There are two pics in particular that make me cry. One is the one where Tony coached Corys flag football team and the other is a picture where both Cory and Jamie were on the same flag foot ball team and it is a picture of the two of them together with Cory kneeling down and Jamie's hand on Cory's shoulder.

I remember all the parties where we gave out trophies and had pizza. Bunch of rambunctious lil boys! I had some really great coaches that worked hard with my kids. I still run into them sometimes and they ask me how the boys are. One of the guys who coached one year is now in the US House of Representatives and actually called me when he heard Jamie enlisted. He is on the Armed Services board. LOL...how is that for small town living.