I need some good thoughts, please

F

flutterbee

I've contacted the Cleveland Clinic. I don't need a referral from my doctor to be seen and their Rheumatology department is rated 2nd in the country.

What I do need - and what my doctor's office is trying to get - is authorization from my insurance company.

I've been blocked at every corner - at least that's how it feels right now.

Please send some good thoughts that the insurance approves this and I can be on my way to finding some answers - and some hope.

TIA.

klmno

One nekkid chicken dance coming up!! And if I get locked up for it, then many good thoughts being sent your way... yes, you do need something to give- you've had way tooo many walls thrown up already.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Sending out those good vibes right away that insurance company will do the right thing. I know that can be an oxymoron but I will send the vibes as best I can.

beth

Genny

Worlds Best Nana
Rattling beads, saying prayers, and crossing body parts! To Whoever Is In Charge - please give this girl a break!

trinityroyal

Sending good thoughts, positive vibes and strength.
Crossing body parts, rattling beads and doing the nekkid chicken liver dance like crazy.

Heather, I pray that your insurance company sees sense and provides coverage for you.

Trinity

meowbunny

Sending good thoughts, crossing body parts, lighting a candle, will even do the nekkid chicken dance on my lanai for all to see if it will help. May your insurance company be triply cursed if they don't approve this.

Heather,

The affirmative thoughts and prayers are headed your way!

I used to live in Cleveland and worked at a nearby hospital. Cleveland Clinic is truly an incredible place. People came from all over the world for treatment by the docs there. It will be an awesome place for you to go.

KTMom91

Dancing in the fog (sorry, can't stand liver), rattling beads, crossing various body parts, sprinkling healing dust, and saying many prayers that your insurance company cooperates!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Sending many positive vibes and prayers your way (trust me you don't want me do the nekkid chicken dance).

nvts

I have my pins at the ready for my "Insurance Company Voodoo Doll". Rattling beads etc., but refraining from the nekkid chicken liver dance as I don't want the powers that be to vomit!

I've been thinking about you and all of this and saying prayers for you for such a long time - I worry!

I think (if I were you) I'd be checking with Legal Aid or some kind of Health advocate (see if you can get a parent advocate to help you navigate the system) if they turn you down this time. This is getting ridiculous!

Thinking good thoughts!

Beth

Andy

Come on Insurance Company! You can do it! It is very easy - it is spelled A.P.P.R.O.V.E.D. Go for it! Do it! Go Go Go.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Doctor's offices often know the "right" words to use in these situations to get things like this approved... at least I'm hoping that's what happens in your case! Keep us posted.... I've got all my body parts crossed (and that's no easy task!)!

Ropefree

Banned
Have you talked to anyone in case management about this at your insurance company? It took me a long time to figure out the questions to ask so many times along my journey. When I did contact the casemanagement for my insurance about the approval/slacker tap dancing by my pcp a form was sent to my pcp partailly completed by the casemanager of the insurance company.
It is so difficult for our working professionals to act in response to these things that you begin to think they are negligent. What is the problem, really? It is a referral. The physicain should have an abundant experiance completing the form required. In fact have you called your PCP to learn if they have the form to make the referral? Can you ask what they need to complete the referral?