I need the board help for my mom

tawnya

First and foremost, let me apologize for being an "old" member that lurks and doesn't post much anymore. I feel guilty for even asking for help. But, I remember how much this collective family can do.

My mom is fighting for her life with liver cancer right now. She's had allergic reactions to chemotherapy, and now, today, they did an embolization to cut the blood supply to the tumor. She's very sick right now, but the doctors said it has to get worse before it gets better. My grandma and pop are mostly helpless because they depend on her for everything. I've been carting grandma to the nursing home to see pop while mom has to endure all of this treatment. It is heart-renching because they feel so helpless. Grandma is sick and so is pop. It really stinks.

I have been calling everybody I know, putting her on prayer lists, and have been naked in the backyard every night doing the rain dance. (I HATE chicken livers, lol) but I think I might go get some now just in case.

I am afraid to start crying because I think if I do, it just won't stop. Oops..it's started.

I'm sorry I haven't been contributing lately. I will try and post an update on difficult child in the next couple of days. You guys saved my life back then. I'm not sure I have anything new to offer, but I can at least try.

If you can throw us a prayer or two, or rattle beads, or dance naked in the moonlight, may you be blessed.

Thanks.

tawnya

everywoman

I'm so sorry. Life often hands us more than we think we can handle, but somehow we pull from somewhere deep within and get through it. I am offering up prayers as I type. God bless you all.

M

ML

Tawnya I will pray for your mother. Don't feel badly about not posting. I've learned that the unspoken agreement here is that we give when we can. Sometimes you just don't have it in you. We are here for you and for mom. Hugs, ML

tawnya

Thanks for sending your well wishes. I forgot to add that she has never had a drink in her life. It just seems so unfair since she is a survivor of breast cancer 25 years ago. And now the liver? That traitor. She is a survivor, and we are not losing the faith. I told her today that we come from a long line of strong women, where nobody gives us. We are warrior moms.

Andy

You and your mom and family are in my prayers. You are under so much stress right now. I hope you can find little moments to take care of yourself - you need to stay energized to get through this.

Sending warrior strength your way!

I am really sorry for what you are going thru. I don't know how to do the rain dance, right now is sprinkling out of my house and I will wait for the storm to come so at least I can pray naked on my knees under the rain.

God give you strenght to keep up with all the stress that you are going thru.
God bless you and your family. Prayers in your way

tawnya

Wow. I am smacking my forehead (like I should have had a v-8) right now. Why did I ever quit posting. Note to self-you guys are wonderful.

Thank you.

tawnya

susiestar

Roll With It
Welcome back. I will pray for your mom, and the entire family. It is good to see you again, though not for this reason. I will put your mom in our church prayer list (done anonymously for anyone not in our church, but open to anyone) when husband goes on Sun. Sending many many hugs.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Just sending good thoughts that your mom's procedure works and she starts to feel better soon.
Hugs to you.
I'll pass on the chicken livers too. The thought of me naked in the back yard may just be thought of as a sighting of Sasquatch.

rejectedmom

I'm sending my good thought s and prayers but....I'm with Fran in that I don't do naked in public (just way more than most people could endure) and my yard is not very private LOL. -RM

Tawnya, I don't know you from the before time, but I know what it's like to venture away from the board for awhile (I'm just getting back here where I BELONG!) so welcome back. You have my heartfelt prayers for your strength, your mom's comfort and quick recovery. Bless you for what you are doing right now!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'm so sorry about your mom :( I will send up prayers for her healing! Hope the embolization works and that the tumor dies quickly!

Hang in there!

Sending strength and prayers to you and your family. Check out your grandparents benefits, my grandparents insurance, or maybe its the VA pays for someone to come in and help them out, drive them places, etc.. Maybe your grandparents are eligible for something similar.-Alyssa

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I'm so sorry about your Mom, Tawnya. I'll do the naked chicken liver dance- hey, if you can't do it at 60, when can you?

Sending good thoughts.

Hugs,
Suz

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Sending thoughts, prayers, naked dances in the rain.
You and your Mom are in my heart and thoughts.
Big hugs...

C.J.

I admire your strength, and your mother's too. You're a loving and caring daughter and granddaughter - and the people you love are blessed to have you in their lives. I'll be saying prayers for all.