I pod touch

crazymama30

So does anyone know of any good websites to get a fairly cheap ipod touch? I have checked amazon and ebay and a few others. It can be refurbished, but I prefer not used. I really want to get the kids one for christmas, but am trying to stay low cost too.

DammitJanet

LOL...are you kidding me? I am roflmao. everything pad-like, tablet-like, etc out right now is up there. Well, I dont know what you consider reasonable. I am assuming you are wanting one less than what they sell for at around 289 and up. Or are they even more? I cant even remember now. I have been looking at so many right now. I am looking at a coby kyros tablet. According to Billy it is pretty decent. Or you can get the new Nook color that just came out and get the hack off ebay to make it run everything.

InsaneCdn

Tell your kids you're celebrating orthodox christmas this year (its into January...), and then pick something up when the post-christmas sales come on?

Or... same idea, but put an IOU in as a present... "I have not yet been able to acquire the ipad I intended for your present. This note is to inform you that one will be showing up in the next 4-6 weeks..."

DammitJanet

Yes, I know. Well, how big of one do you want? I mean if you want just the Ipod shuffle, they are cheap but if you go to the Ipod touch, you are getting up there. I was talking about the touch. Now I just located a touch for around 190 online which is good for a new one.

I just bought the Coby for 102 with free shipping for Keyana. Excellent deal. It is a tablet which I can download android apps, books, movies, videos, and music. Amazon. Oh it runs android 2.3

LittleDudesMom

Hey crazy,

I bought my difficult child the refurb ipod touch a little over 2.5 years ago and it is still going strong! I bought it directly through the apple site (I kept checking their inventory every few days) and was a little "ify" about it. One thing to remember with apple refurbs - they are normally units apple gets back within the first 30 days. He uses it every single day and it still works like a charm - but don't ask how many ear buds he has gone through!!! Actually apple will give you a free pair if you go in and ask...

I've bought a few things refurb since then since it was such a good experience. As a matter of fact, I just bought easy child a really expensive nikon flash (one of the wireless types) for Christmas as a refurb and saved over half!!!!

Good luck.

Sharon

buddy

So does anyone know of any good websites to get a fairly cheap ipod touch? I have checked amazon and ebay and a few others. It can be refurbished, but I prefer not used. I really want to get the kids one for christmas, but am trying to stay low cost too.

the 8 gb new is 189 with 97 cent shipping at Walmart.com same as amazon I think....

even if you buy refurbished or maybe even used??? on amazon you can get the 2 or 3 year warranty (depending on the cost the cost of the warranty with accident protection/spills/etc) for Q's samsung player I got it for 34 dollars for 2 years (that is for an item that originally cost 189....they do it by how much the item costs...so that is I think for something in the range of 150-200 or something like that). You just register the receipt or forward the purchase receipt by email with the warranty folks and that is it...... I think for an item under 150 the warranty (plus accidental issues) was like 20 dollars for two years. I dont normally buy accident coverage, but for my phones it has paid off big time and these are like phones.

SRL

I did a lot of hunting around for my daughter and we wound up buying new from amazon because there just aren't a lot of great deals to be had on them right now. The prices for new are set by apple so they likely won't go any lower. I did hear the apple store website had them for $178 Thanksgiving weekend so you may want to keep watch there. She bought her regular ipod from Walmart a few years ago and a $50 itunes gift card was included--was hoping for something like that but this year have only seen very limited quantities of good deals like this.

My daughter saved for a year for hers, and we decided on new in order to get the warranty.