I really love you guys

M

ML

I am such a terrible board member lately. I do read many posts and my heart and prayers go out daily to everyone. I just haven't had the energy to offer much. I'm not feeling that good. I've been dealing with some depression and fatigue and just keeping up with job and housework is all I can do. I don't feel I've been a very good parent either. I'm just in survival mode, constantly feeling that it's all too much and I do the best I can. But manster needs a tougher parent, husband needs a more enthusiastic partner and I just want to sleep.

So don't forget I love all of you and that even if I'm not offering words of support, the caring is there. Hopefully I'll bounce back to "normal" soon, and hopefully this isn't my "new" normal lol.

I do want to share something funny said by manster this past week. He was having a bad day, melting down about something, nothing going right, etc. He just screamed out in pure frustration " I HATE having hormones". I love how aspies cut to the heart of the matter.

Love,

ML

TerryJ2

Thank you!

And I hate having hormones, too!!!! That would be a great book title. :)

I know how you feel. I went through that with-my sciatica ... on top of everything else. It will get better.

Fran

Former desparate mom
I think those bouts of wanting to shut down is how our bodies cope. Rest up and keep reminding yourself what an amazing mom your are. Raising easy child's is a piece of cake. It's the difficult child's of this world that test true love because they act so unloveable at times. You are able to see the big picture and know that all that you learn and do is so your difficult child can grow up to be a good, independent, functioning adult. It's the interim that wears us down. Hugs.

H

HaoZi

*HUGS* I think we all have those times. Fatigue and wanting to sleep can indeed be indicators of depression, keep an awareness of those changes in yourself. I've gotten to the point where I can recognize my depressive times early on and do things to help head it off before it gets really nasty unless I've had a major triggering incident.