I signed up for a couple classes.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
My psychiatrist and husband yelled at me!
They have been on me to get out, to get a life. To stop getting so inside my head, living in the house...
Do something.... TAKE A CLASS... they are cheap.

So I did at the community college. yikes!It has been since 99'

It is not that i don't think I can do it... I just get so mental and over think everything.

So I am taking Spanish. Which is smart, most of my family speaks it, I live near the border. Everyone here in Tucson speaks it.
My girls really want to, and I just do.

I am taking:
EX454 Qigong
Learn the ancient practice of relaxed awareness and movement to rejuvenate the organs and clear disease. Regular practice leaves you revitalized, calm and alert. Qigong practice is suitable for all ages and fitness levels.

I am also going to sign up for Yoga with husband on another day in the morning after we drop off the girls!:D
He wants to do something for his back and he wants to do something together.
I start like January 13th....:anxious: Who knows where this will take me...
husband keeps telling me once the girls are both in school and stable... I am getting a job! I said I need to be stable as well.;)
He laughed and said well that aint happening any time soon.:tongue:

klmno

Well, you are ahead of me already- I don't even know how to say that word in the one class you're taking. But, this sounds like a lot of fun! I miss some things about school (college), like meeting people and getting an eye opener occasionally!

Jena

Thats great, good for you!! I"m glad you decided to go ahead and do it. I bet you'll really enjoy it also. :)

B

butterflydreams

great for you! I am taking 2 classes each semester, at first my therapist said that I was taking on more stress with all that has been going on with the kids. I told her maybe so, but this is really the ONLY thing I do for me. I have waited since my daughter was born (she's 16) to go back to school. It's a slow road only taking 2 classes at a time, but I WILL get my associates degree when I am done.

TerryJ2

Cool! You are going to have so much fun!
You'll have to learn to say your favorite things in Spanish. Like, "Quiero margaritas." "Me falta chocolate."
Wait, those are MY favorite things ...

KTMom91

Way to go, Totoro! The Qi Gong class sounds fascinating. I want to hear all about it once the semester starts.

Andy

Boy, when you start getting a life, you really go way out!

These will be great stress relievers for you and you will meet new friends. You will be amazed how nice it is to hear another adult's voice outside your world of family and doctors.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I am so excited for you! This is a great way to get your feet wet again. Congrats and good luck. You will really enjoy being 'out there' again. I was just mulling over the possibility to using some of my year end bonus to take some classes at the local CC also. I think I am going to do it! You've given me hope that I can do it too!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Awwwww, take me with you!

Puedo hablar espanol pero lo leo (y lo escucho) mejor que lo hablo! Estudiaba la literatura espanola cuando estaba estudiante en la universidad. Lei las novelas de Cervantes y Garcia-Marquez en la lengua original, pero mi profesor me permito a escribir en ingles porque estaba una estudiante de la literatura ingles y no de espanol. Sin embargo, durante los grupos de discusion, tenia que hablar solamente en espanol!

Whew-- that made me thirsty! Bartender! A pitcher of margaritas, por favor!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
gcv-

Me tomo 3 anos en la escuela secundaria, pero no de estudio. Estudie a los ninos en lugar.

Oh the boys.... Mas por favor...

TerryJ2

a escribir en ingles porque estaba una estudiante de la literatura ingles y no de espanol.

Ahh. Makes sense.

Estudie a los ninos en lugar

LOL Totoro!