IEP meeting #4,978 on the docket.

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by Shari, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Shari

Shari IsItFridayYet?

I am so exhausted with this whole process that I feel like I am totally letting the advocates take this on, and I am just a puppet. But I am also ok with that.

While on vacation, I met with the advocates one day for 6 hours. They are bringing in a 3rd advocate, also. One well versed in civil rights, as they believe Wee has a very strong civil rights suit, if needed. Another day of my vacation was spent on the phone with them, and tracking down a computer and a printer in the boot heel of Missouri, to type, print, and mail a certified letter to the school.

I got a response to that letter on Friday. An IEP meeting has been scheduled for 8:30am this Friday.

There is open house at school this week for Wee to see his classroom and meet his teacher, etc, but I think we will stay away.

2. Shari

Shari IsItFridayYet?

I guess I should also say the primary focus of this meeting is getting the school to keep him all day.

3. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

I'm glad you have advocates really helping out. Hugs as I know how draining this is and prayers that his school day becomes all day.

4. Shari

Shari IsItFridayYet?

We are very good friends with the bus mechanic for the school. I talked to him tonight and he said if they won't keep him, to have them send him to the garage. He'll handle him.

(The sad part is...he would...and COULD)

5. ML

ML Guest

I pray to find advocates like yours. And heck, learning to be a mechanic would be a great backup plan!