If this isn't too tacky ....

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by timer lady, Jan 25, 2009.

1. timer lady

timer lady Queen of Hearts

As we did for my mother, we put together a pictorial memorial of sorts for husband. I'd like to share this with you ~ the happier times with husband. Some of the pictures are a hoot; specifically his 15 minutes of fame as a look alike to Alferd Packer - the only man convicted of cannibalism in Colorado.

All the nature photos & sunsets were husband's photography. He was quite the accomplished photographer.

Click on movie. Thanks for being so understanding.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
  2. crazymama30

crazymama30 Active Member

Oh Linda. Not tacky. But beautiful, and sad. I am holding back tears. I truely am at a loss for words.
  3. mstang67chic

mstang67chic Going Green

Definately not tacky at all. Those are some wonderful pictures and he really DID look like the Packer guy! LOL

I loved his sunset (?) picture....beautiful!
  4. Linda,

You did such a wonderful job with this. His spirit really shines through. I love his photographs, I can see that he really loved nature.
    Thanks for sharing this lovely work with us.
  5. everywoman

everywoman Active Member

Oh Linda, it's not tacky at all. What a loving way to remember who he was. I absolutely hate addiction and the things it robs from us the families. I know that you loved husband. I know that kt and wm loved their dad. I know that he loved ya'll. Addiction robbed you of the life you were supposed to have together. Hugs for you pain.
  6. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

Linda, that was lovely. Thank you so much for sharing. His sunset photos are beautiful.

7. totoro

totoro Mom? What's a GFG?

Thank you Linda for sharing your memories with all of us.
  8. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

His photographs were stunning. Out of all of them my favorite picture was the one of him and the Tweedles in the chair. It said - I AM A DAD AND I LOVE MY KIDS. The other picture that caught my eye was the little blonde haired boy by the river with a stick - it makes you just sigh and think about how simple life is.

THank you so much for sharing. It was beautiful - and so are you.
  9. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

{{{Linda}}} I couldn't hold back tears. His love for his family real came through.
  10. Marcie Mac

Marcie Mac Just Plain Ole Tired

Thanks for sharing Linda It was a beautiful tribute

11. Jena

Jena New Member

alrite you made me cry. :) I am always so amazed by you, you are an inspiration i think to alot of us whether or not you even realize it.

You did an excellent job, each life is precious and your family is beautiful. you took the essence of who he was to you, the true core and boy did you really show it in this movie.

thank you for allowing all of us into your world and for sharing this.

sending you and kids (((hugs)))
  12. 1905

1905 Well-Known Member

Dear Linda,
    (((HUGS))) That is a very touching tribute of his life. His photos are beautiful!-Alyssa
  13. Suz

Suz (the future) MRS. GERE

Thank you, Linda.

Gentle hugs,
  14. klmno

klmno Active Member

Beautiful!! Thanks for sharing this- I'm sure it was painful, but I think it will mean so much to kt and wm in days to come.
  15. Andy

Andy Active Member

These are all very nice. You can sure feel a story behind each. I am curious, what was going on with the girl in the tree? Was that KT? Was he trying to talk her out of the tree or just having a conversation?
  16. donna723

donna723 Well-Known Member

Not tacky at all, Linda. It was beautiful! And so lovingly done. Thank you for sharing this with us.
  17. JJJ

JJJ Active Member

Linda, That's beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I hope you had a peaceful day.
  18. Estherfromjerusalem

Estherfromjerusalem Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing that with us, Linda. It wasn't tacky at all.

Love, Esther
  19. flutterbee

flutterbee Guest

Linda, this is beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing with us.
  20. susiestar

susiestar Roll With It

Not at all tacky. It is a very loving tribute to a wonderful husband and father. I know the last year was rough, but the pics show how much he loved all of you. And he was a very talented photographer.

Thank you for sharing this with us.