I'm a grandma now!

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by janebrain, Nov 1, 2008.

1. janebrain

janebrain New Member

I also posted on PE but thought I'd post here too. difficult child 1 had her baby last night--3:35 a.m. Seattle time--just missed Halloween! She named him Liam after calling him Jude the whole pregnancy. I like Liam a whole lot better. He was 5 1/2 lbs and 18 1/2 inches (3 weeks early). She says he is really cute and she is ecstatic. She says the hospital will post pics to their website so I'll get to see his pics sometime soon.

I am hoping little Liam will be the catalyst to some good changes--I can see she is in love with him so that is a good sign. All I can do is take things as they come. I have no plans to go see him at this time, will just have to see how things unfold.

2. Estherfromjerusalem

Estherfromjerusalem Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Becoming a grandmother is a wonderful thing, and I wish you lots and lots of joy. Sounds as if your difficult child is coping well emotionally, and that is great.

Welcome to the club!

Love, Esther
  3. susiestar

susiestar Roll With It

Congratulations! I am glad she is in love with little Liam. I hope everything goes well.
  4. mrscatinthehat

mrscatinthehat Seussical

5. witzend

witzend Well-Known Member

Congratulations, and best wishes to all of you.
  6. totoro

totoro Mom? What's a GFG?

Having a baby really turned my mind and my life around. I hope she continues this path!
    Congratulations Grandma!
  7. donna723

donna723 Well-Known Member

Congratulations on this new little life entering the world! Best wishes to you all!
  8. hearts and roses

hearts and roses Mind Reader

Jane, congratulations! I know you're taking this slowly.

I hope your difficult child does well and this little being is the reason for her to turn her life around. God Bless~I love the name Liam!
  9. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

Huge Congrats! And welcome to the Grandma Club :D
  10. Marcie Mac

Marcie Mac Just Plain Ole Tired

Congradulations on your grammy status..

11. SearchingForRainbows

SearchingForRainbows Active Member

Congratulations Grandma!!! I'm praying that the love difficult child 1 has for her baby will help her turn her life around...

Looking forward to seeing pictures of Liam. WFEN
  12. lovemysons

lovemysons Well-Known Member

Congratulations to all of you, and Jane, being grandma is just the sweetest lil deal ever.

Here's hoping lil Liam will bring out the very very best in your difficult child. Motherhood can certainly do that sometimes.

13. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

Welcome, Liam. I like that name, too. :)
    I, too, hope that her love for him will change her life around. There is absolutely nothing like the love for your baby. What a wonderful gift for her.
  14. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

15. Big Bad Kitty

Big Bad Kitty lolcat

Congratulations, grandma!

I am praying that this is a positive turning point for difficult child.
  16. trinityroyal

trinityroyal Well-Known Member

Congratulations on becoming a grandma Jane.
    I'm very glad to hear that difficult child is in love with little Liam, and hope that this is the turning point for her.

17. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

Jane -

I'm so happy for you!!!! The pride of being a grandma really came thorough in your post and your love for little Liam. (Love the name)

I bet in some language - Liam means -healer