I'm bored.

Abbey

Spork Queen
blah. I can only do so much cleaning, laundry and cooking. I'm averaging two books a day now. Idle hands don't work well for me.

I've been taking longer and longer walks each day, yesterday about 8 miles. Funny thing as I passed by the DMV. I thought, hmmm...wonder if I could get a license in IL? So I popped in, took the test and passed, then passed the driver's test. Now DOOM. I failed the vision test. I had to laugh as they had me do the driving test BEFORE the vision test.

They keep it all on record and said as soon as I get my eyes 'fixed,' I have a license. haha...I wanted to say, "But I've been driving blind as a bat for years!!!" Then I reconsidered that response.

So, board buddies, I need some entertainment. Whose got a good joke?

Abbey

busywend

Girl you better get out there and see some sights! (If you can - LOL!) There has got to be some touring you can do while you are there. Or just call Star - I am sure she can entertain you for an hour or so!

Abbey

Spork Queen
haha...the sights here are CORN FIELDS EVERYWHERE. My daughter's place is literally surrounded on all four sides with corn fields. We even went to the Corn Festival last weekend. Fortunately she has an adorable two month old kitty to keep me busy. :)

Star*

call 911........call 911
There once was a man from Nantuckett..............
Who kept all his corn in a bucket.......................

No no no no nooooooooooooooo

Didnt I just sent you a joke about the SOB fish? I can't post it here although in context it is harmless. But what the cardinal says at the end is......worse than rhymes with bucket.

HEY now THAT (driving blind as a bat) should have been your defense. Huh? Can you see me as an attorney? But your honor.....this has NOTHING to do with her mouth - let's keep focus (makes two fingered gesture my eyes to judges eyes back to my eyes)..ON ABBEYS eyes...the woman is positively blind as a bat. THAT IS WHY SHE WAS DRIVING IRRADICALLY. THAT IS WHY SHE DROVE OFF THE ROAD. SHE COULDN"T SEE IT. Let's get her some GLASSES and re-do the entire day and see THEN (pounds fist on courtroom table) how. she. drives. with. 20/20 vision.

My GAWD I'm Perry Mason Incarnate. (insert ominous theme music)

Abbey

Spork Queen
haha... I haven't had 20/20 vision since the 2nd grade. My trip to Vegas last March was simply to renew my license. I had an 'in' at the DMV who kind of coaxed me along on the vision test. BAD ABBEY. Maybe I'll have to see if she's still there...(insert evil laughter)

Abbers

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well then........lucky thing theres cornfields everywhere............and harvest is OVER. (this just in) strange crop circles have been sighted all over Illinois, no one is sure of the source ('cept a few women on the CD Board) but the tire tracks are very reminiscent of a (whatever yer daughter owns) and eye witnesses swear they've seen an ailen from LasVegas shooting rooster tails in the fields. Now back to our locally scheduled program. "but officer I was just trying to get to Church."