Inauguration

I'm feeling patriotic. My easy child went with 20 kids on a 4 day trip to the inaugration. They were selected from the entire school. The governer is giving them a tour, tickets for a good spot, and the senator is giving them another tour on Wed. easy child's going to have the best time. There is a ball Monday night, kids from every state will be attending.(I had to buy him a suit.) It's an exciting time for our country!!!!-Alyssa

Last edited:

tiredmommy

I've always loved inaugurations... even when my presidential candidate didn't win. It says something positive about our nation when there is such a peaceful and orderly change of government. This will be a trip he will always remember.

Andy

Oh for fun! Our hometown band was chosen to be part of the parade. Watch for Fergus Falls, Minnesota!

This is so cool for the kids. I want to go to Washington, D.C. some day.

M

ML

Wow, Alyssa how exciting. This will be something he will tell his grandkids about some day. I'm thrilled for him.

smallworld

Alyssa, very exciting for your easy child. I hope he enjoys every minute.

We live in the Difficult Child metro area, and it's crazy busy here. But there are also benefits to living here.

husband's brother, who lives in New Jersey, managed to get two tickets to the Inaugural Opening Ceremony at the Lincoln Memorial this afternoon so he invited husband to join him. He has four tickets for tomorrow evening’s Children’s Concert, which he gave to husband, me and the girls, who are ecstatic that they will be able to see Miley Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers singing live.

Finally – and best of all – he has two tickets for the Inauguration Tuesday morning, and he invited J to accompany him!!! J can’t believe his good fortune at being able to see history in the making. Since it’s freezing cold here, the girls and I are not upset at all – we’re very happy to be watching the ceremony on TV from our warm house.

Nancy

What a great trip Alyssa. He truly will remember this forever. History in the making and he was there to witness it.

Andy, I'll watch for yoru band and you can watch ofr Ohio State's band. What an honor for all of them.

Nancy

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
The kids will be telling their grandkids they were there when..........:) Not everyone can say that. I hope they all have a wonderful experience.

LittleDudesMom

Alyssa, what a great memory to be part of history!!!

Small, easy child and I watched the concert at the Lincoln Memorial yesterday - it was fantastic!!!! I even DVR'd it when HBO rebroadcast it last night to watch again today!

I believe, that irregardless of how you feel about our president elect's politics, there is a feeling of new hope. Goodness knows we need a little hope right now.

Sharon

Fran

Former desparate mom
It's funny but I still remember JFK's inauguration even though I was very little and didn't really grasp most of it. Of course, seeing it over and over when he was assassinated probably refreshed it.
This generation will have a historical memory too. It's a good thing.

Congratulations to those that get to go.

Last edited:

Penta

Yes, we stand on the cusp of history. No other inauguration before will be like this one. Hope, not unrealistic expectations is the key. We can move forward as a nation , united for change.

I met Obama in early 2006. He has a very firm handshake and uncanny ability to look you in the eye and truly listen.

B

bran155

Wow, that is so exciting!!! I'm JEALOUS!!!

I am so proud of our country right now. I think it is just amazing, now EVERY kid in America can believe it when they are told that they can do and be ANYTHING they want. MLK Jr. must be dancing with the angels!!!

I am so happy for your son. 1 out of the 20 selected, impressive!!! :)

tiredmommy

husband's brother, who lives in New Jersey, managed to get two tickets to the Inaugural Opening Ceremony at the Lincoln Memorial this afternoon so he invited husband to join him. He has four tickets for tomorrow evening’s Children’s Concert, which he gave to husband, me and the girls, who are ecstatic that they will be able to see Miley Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers singing live.

SW- I think I saw you on tv!!!

Marguerite

I posted on the other thread. Aussie TV has been much heavier on this than with any other past inaugurations - but this was always going to be a historic occasion, whichever way the election result went.

husband & I have been enjoying our time together on our wedding anniversary and have noted that we don't remember past Presidential Inaugurations on this date (or thereabouts).

So can you tell us - how is the date chosen? Is it different this year, or is it that we are just a bit more aware this time, because it is so special?

Marg

dreamer

how exciting for you guys! I did not meet obama but his home is mere blocks from the rmh me & son spent so much time at & we visited his controversial church before the controversy....pcs mentor spent time with him here when he was a couple blocks from my house in 05 cuz she's a lawyer & was chamber of comm pres along with a county commisioner...& she again spent time with him in 06 he was here & at our comm college. my youngest brother met him & had 1 on 1 with him as a member of some young adult political thing here. it sure is very exciting!