Discussion in 'Failure to Thrive' started by InsaneCdn, Mar 1, 2016.

1. InsaneCdn

InsaneCdn Well-Known Member

Several of us have been involved in the discussion that led to the creation of this new forum.

Some of you may not know that we are here...
    I will not have caught ALL current active members who might be a fit over here on "Failure to Thrive", a forum for parenting teen and adult children with complex developmental and mental challenges.

This is just an invitation to see if you want to join "us", and I will include the others who have been in the discussion as well (I might have to reply to my own thread to catch all the ones I know).

If anyone else recognizes someone who might want to be "here", please invite them too!

@New Leaf
    @Feeling Sad

2. InsaneCdn

3. Copabanana

Copabanana Well-Known Member

Apple was interested. I do not know if her circumstances fit.

Suzir was interested. TL was interested although she feels her son would be OK without the alcohol. GoingNorth may want to contribute.

What about PASA? What about Nomad?

4. InsaneCdn

5. AppleCori

AppleCori Well-Known Member

Californiablonde might want to join.
  6. InsaneCdn

7. InsaneCdn

8. pasajes4

pasajes4 Well-Known Member

sounds good
  9. AppleCori

AppleCori Well-Known Member

10. Copabanana

Insane, do you want to volunteer as mod? I am nominating you, if you wish it.

11. InsaneCdn

For starters I think we're better off to start with an existing moderator - maybe someone like recoveringenabler, or childofmine?
  12. GoingNorth

GoingNorth Crazy Cat Lady

I'm interested; though I feel more like the kid who failed to thrive than the adult dealing with it at the moment.
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  13. InsaneCdn

Trust me. Either way, you'll have some good perspective to give the rest of us, like usual. Developmental challenges like Asperger's and Autism Spectrum will show up on this forum.
  14. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

I'm interested in following along; though my current challenges are not with Miss KT, but Hubby.
  15. GoingNorth

GoingNorth Crazy Cat Lady

Let me reiterate that: I'm interested in being a MEMBER, NOT A MOD!
  16. Copabanana

Insane, what about TishtheDish? I know she is busy now, but she may be interested. And while I have not seen her post for a while, what about Echolette?

17. InsaneCdn

Copa - Feel free to invite anyone you think could be interested.
    Just add a reply to this thread with "@" and the person's board name. Most of us get notified of alerts...

If people don't get notified of alerts, OR if none of us happen to know you might be interested... please feel free to invite yourself, and participate. Trust me... we need all the help we can get! This is not meant to be an exclusive club. But the kids discussed in this forum will be behaving in frustrating was, not so much because they have a choice but because their brains function differently. It changes a lot of things.
  18. Feeling Sad

Feeling Sad Active Member

Thank you for all of your efforts. Good work!
  19. Scent of Cedar *

Scent of Cedar * Well-Known Member

I just read that a new forum had been created and am stopping in to see everyone.

I like the ideas to be discussed here very much. Conduct Disorders continues to unfold in beautiful and unforeseen ways. How fortunate are we. Remember how alone we used to be?

Thank you, RB and IC.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. AnnieO

AnnieO Shooting from the Hip

I kind of wandered away from posting for quite a while (especially after Belle found me in my previous incarnation), and then came back due to Pat's issues. This F2T forum is exactly, exactly what I need... Because he's not *quite* an adult but pretty close. PE fits for Belle, now... SA used to. But (knock on wood) that's in the past.

I'm thrilled about this! Thank you IC!