Is anyone but me reading the new Janet Evanovich book?

Fran

Former desparate mom
I got it in the mail last Wed., by preordering on Amazon. It's Fearless Fourteen of the Stephanie Plum series. I don't think I have ever laughed out loud when reading a book as I do with this series. Grandma mazur just cracks me up.
I almost hate to finish it and realize I will probably have to wait another year for the next one.

In the meantime, I have the Barbra Walters memoirs waiting for me. The intro really made me think of easy child. She had a developmentally delayed sister and it influenced much of her life.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Actually saw this last week at Costco.....but didn't get it because I still have the prior twelve to read.....Plum is a hoot!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Fran,

I'm about to download it from audible.com. I've never had this series "read" to me so it should be interesting. I'm looking forward to it.

I love Grandma Mazur; between Grandma & Steph's partner (can't remember her name right off hand) I about pee my pants laughing. For some reason, my husband doesn't get the humor.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Siiiiiiiiiigh.....I'm still waiting on my turn to come up at the library. I checked yesterday and I'm fifth on the list.

So Fran....are you a Babe (for Ranger) or a Cupcake (for Morelli)? I've decided that I can't decide so I call myself a Babecake. Not sure about Morelli but everytime Ranger is in a scene, I keep picturing Dwayne Johnson (The Rock). Yummmmm!

mstang67chic

Going Green
I'll say it...........Star.....corner. *ahem* I'll go with you though since I readily agree! LOL Besides, I still have chocolate and also a nice frozen type boozey drink.

susiestar

Roll With It
I can't wait to read this!!! paydayis Friday and this will be my splurge for the month. I LOVE this series. It is wonderful on audiobook too-I have several of the books on CD.

Lulu is Stephanie's partner - the former hooker who ditches the filing and office work to "help" Stephanie. She and Grandma Mazur keep me howling with laughter.

As for Ranger or Morelli, wow, that is a tough choice! Hmmmmmm......

I think it will take both of them to keep Stephanie safe and behaving!

(OK. I am off to the corner with Star. Donuts anyone?)

Steely

I have never read this author, but keep seeing it in the bookstores and am intrigued. If I wanted to start at the beginning, what is the title of the first book?

Christy

I LOVE the Stephanie Plum series. I am on the waiting list at the library but if I finish the JD Robb I'm reading then I will break down and buy it.

Grandma cracks me up.
Lula is hystarical and I love that she and Tank are now an item.
I hope Stephanie ends up with Morelli so I can have Ranger!

These books are the perfect pick me up if you've never read them, start with One for the Money and work your way thru the series. You'll be laughing all summer!

Steely

OK, so I just ordered the first 3 starting with One for the Money on Amazing AND the Barbara Walters memoir.

You guys are a BAD influence.:tongue:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Steely, I bought the first 10 from the used book store in paperback. I like to read in sequence too. Actually I think I still have them.

Ranger definitely is the mysterious bad boy. Morelli is the good guy with an edge. Stephie can have Morelli. I'll get Ranger on the rebound.

Lula's outfits are hysterical. I love Connie too.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I love this series! I read the first 13 books last summer.

husband bought this one for me the day it came out. I tried to read slowly so it wouldn't be done so fast but still I was done by Sunday.

I think I'm mainly a Morelli fan but Ranger-whoa-it's a hard choice!

I love all the characters:)

Fran-I totally agree about the laughing out loud. I have laughed so much while reading this series.

I'm trying to figure out what to read next. I just want some fun summer reading-nothing too serious although I'm sure I will do some of both types of reading.

witzend

I have never read this author, but keep seeing it in the bookstores and am intrigued. If I wanted to start at the beginning, what is the title of the first book?

The first is "One For the Money", then "Two For the Dough", etc. This is the 14th ;)!

Susie, Lula is the sidekick. But she is a lulu! husband loves them, and listens to them on books on tape. He was such a grumpus driving to and from work I finally made him listen, and he came home so much happier!

Fran, there are others that are not in the number series that are still Stephanie books. They have been coming out in the winter the past few years and they call them "Stephanie Plum Between the Numbers" books. There's "Visions of Sugar Plums", "Plum Lovin", and "Plum Lucky".

Just like Stephanie, which man depends upon what kind of girl I'm being that day - good or bad girl? And you can't forget about Sally Sweet the transvestite rocker, (when grandma and Lula joined the band?) or Mooner!

mstang67chic

Going Green
Even with Morelli and Ranger, I still think my favorite character is Bob the dog. The one book where Stephanie kept taking him to what's-her-name's (Janice???) house to do his business....especially when he had digestive AND stomach issues.........that had me rolling! And the part when he pooped one of Stephanie's thongs out. OMG!!!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Whatever happened to Steph's sister and her goofy lawyer husband?

Witz, I read Plum Lucky and I started Motormouth. It's a Janet Evanovich book but a different character. I have read 2 so far.

I can relate to Stephanie's mom. She keeps downing alcohol when all the crazies are at her table.
I love Sally Sweet and the rubber band. What a great character. The description of Sally in drag and Lula doing a performance had me in stitches.

The senior citizens in Stephanie's apartment building are all armed. I love it the discussion between them about what sort of hand gun their kids get them for their birthday.