Is the earth off its axis?

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I am normally pretty coordinated. This morning however as I am walking out the back door grace illuded me. We have cinder blocks for a step. The one on the end that I stepped on rolled. So did my foot. I grabbed hold of the door with a grip like no other and still fell out the door onto the ground. Of course two of the dogs were out on the rope and the one came up licking me (that is all she does). The old dog walks over sniffs me up one side down the other and then sidles up next to me and puts one paw over one of my legs. She nuzzles me. Which is not something she does in her old age. husband came out a few minutes later and asked did you fall? If I could have gotten up I would have smacked him as there is no way I would be sitting on the ground (especially out in potty territory for the dogs). So he came out to help me up and my dog that was loving me and comforting me came between us and didn't want him to. Bless her heart. Since I have come back from work she is not letting me get too far from her. Following me everywhere. Gotta love the compassion of the four legged family.

But I haven't fallen in a long time. Is this an epidemic or what? Can we set the earth back the way it is supposed to be and quickly.

Beth

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Beth

How's your foot/ankle?? Sweet of the dogs to check on you/try to take care of you.
Things do seem to be out of whack lately don't they?

Hope you don't have any lasting soreness.

Hugs

Fran

Former desparate mom
Aw, how nice that your pup was there to help you.
Your ankle must hurt like crazy though.
I had to laugh that husband asked if you had fallen. Gotta love 'em.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Hope your ankle is feeling better -

But sorry - had to LOL at your husband and your comment - OMG ROFL.

Nice to see you had furpeople to help, they are so cool when we get hurt - no yelling, no screaming - just kisses and hugs.

Sounds like you've got quite a pair!

busywend

How about the other end - did you dent that up pretty good? I know I did!

I hope you are on the mend soon!

What is up with everyone falling this year???

KTMom91

Hope there's no lasting damage from your fall! There must be something wrong with the axis, or the alignment of the planets, or something...I'm still having trouble with my knee after last week's fall.

It just dawned on me, my fall certainly could have KNOCKED the earth off its axis. And just in time for Earth Day.

"Happy Earth Day! Watch as the Earth spirals out of orbit and into Venus!"

Marguerite

It must have been that cinder block. They're too light.

We've got similar steps leading out of the chook house. They're made of loosely stacked bricks and I get really nervous of falling whenever I'm going in and out of there. And a fall in there - it's one giant compost heap, with all the chook manure in there. And I can tell you, those hens don't want to nuzzle me after I fall...

We used to have a dingo for a while, she was very boisterous and knocked me over a few times, but was always gentle with me when I was on the ground. I fell one day (not sure if she was at all to blame) and she came over to me and was licking my face until I got up. When we look back now, and realise she was a wild dog who just happened to follow our neighbour's son home from the bush one day... pretty amazing.

I'm glad your fur babies are so loyal to you.

Marg