Is this a good sign?? I dont want to get ahead of myself.

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by buddy, Mar 16, 2012.

  1. buddy

    buddy New Member

    I wrote a note to the sp ed coordinator to ask if we would be keeping the IEP meeting (made a LONG time ago) to do the annual IEP re-write since so much has happened since we set that up. (it was scheduled for next week, Wed). We can't write the full plan until we switch placement (obviously his needs and goals will be the same but we can add things in one district that we can't add in the other because they have the options! NOT supposed to be that way but it does pan out that way).

    Tell me if you think this sounds hopeful. I think they would be cautioning me big time if they thought this would not go through. Our district has had other kids placed there BEFORE they had their own SUN program and as I said they have never voluntarily offered placement as they have with Q since it is so expensive. Here is hoping. The kid who is older who was placed many years ago is not there now because he is in the hospital. They dont know if he would even go back. May stay in residential for a long time so that does give us a little hope he could be a swap for that kid.




     
  2. InsaneCdn

    InsaneCdn Well-Known Member

    Buddy...
    I'd say it's practically a done deal.
    We don't count our chickens before they hatch, of course, but...
    With the legal staff and everybody else screening everything that gets said, due to the situation... I'd be extremely surprised if this isn't an "authorized" admittance of the plan.

    And it looks like the timing is the way you would want it, too.

    AND... nobody from the current school in on the next IEP!?

    Oh, Buddy. I'm almost in as much suspense as you are over this.
     
  3. buddy

    buddy New Member

    Thanks, I got a little excited. I hope I dont end up regretting that but it seems pretty good.....????
     
  4. TeDo

    TeDo Guest

    I agree. It sounds VERY hopeful if not done!!! Pretzeling tighter, rattling faster, and praying more that it goes through. *teeth gritted in anticipation*
     
  5. InsaneCdn

    InsaneCdn Well-Known Member

    Buddy... as far as costs go? you've got them so far over a barrel, that the cost of doing this is going to be way less than the cost of NOT doing it. By offering this, and by moving quickly to do so, they can now prove they are being "reasonable", which reduces the chances of a majorly expensive lawsuit going through. For them... its about minimizing costs and damages to themselves... but the only way they can do that is to offer an option that is definitely "acceptable" and "appropriate".
     
  6. Malika

    Malika Well-Known Member

    It's okay. I checked up with the planetary alignment in the sky last night and saw that it is indeed Break for Buddy time :)
     
  7. TeDo

    TeDo Guest

    Darn Insane where's that <Like> button?? You are absolutely, positively right. They're willing to spend this kind of money so they won't have to pay 10x more. Abuse of a disabled child....there have been multi-million dollar settlements for such things before. THAT'S what they're afraid of and rightfully so!!
     
  8. whatamess

    whatamess New Member

    Oh, that looks like a done deal for the most part, if there was hesitancy they would not have written out all the next steps they would have simply said they were waiting for an accpetance or denial from the new school. :)
     
  9. buddy

    buddy New Member

    Thanks guys! I didn't know if I was just reading too much into it. I hope it goes through.
     
  10. StressedM0mma

    StressedM0mma Active Member

    Oh it sounds like it is done!! Can't wait to find out.
     
  11. Rabbit

    Rabbit Member

    Things sound good to me. Hugs Rabbit
     
Loading...