It Could Be Worse

susiestar

Roll With It
Right now I don't have a whole lot to gripe about. But when I do, I can now give myself an example of how whatever is happening could be worse.

One of my precious children could have changed their names to Beezow Doo-Doo Bopittybop-Bop-Bop.

A man in Wisconsin was arrested on weapon and drug related crimes and made the news because in October he changed his name to this. He had a perfectly nice name, which is in the article, so it probably was a drug induced change. Given that this has made the national media via the internet, I am SURE his parents are having a hard time. Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop, 30, Arrested By Madison, Wisc. Police

Today, let's take a second and send some prayers/good thoughts to Mr. Bopitty-Bop-Bop's parents and family and to appreciate the good things in our lives.

T

TeDo

Good point you made. In many cases, I try to keep the "it could be worse" philosophy in my reasoning. There are times it "just ain't happenin" but I try. THIS story is hilarious. Thanks for sharing.

InsaneCdn

The old story goes...

One day, everything was going wrong.
Broke my leg.
Damaged my car.
Lost my wallet.
One thing after another.

So, a friend came to visit me.
He said: "Cheer up, it could be worse."

So, I cheered up, and sure enough... things got worse.

(story of my life this week, maybe?)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
IC, I was so thinking along those lines lol Not that my week has been bad......just that is my luck.

My sympathies go out to bippity bop's parents, sibs, and all around relations. While the dude is probably too high to care, I'm sure his family is having the "joy" of trying to live this one down.

donna723

I really do hope that he never marries and has children!

One of my cousins, a big long haired biker-type complete with Harley (but a really nice guy) once had to patiently explain to his four year old grandson why they would not allow him to legally change his first name to "Snoop Dogg"! I would have paid good money to witness that conversation!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Yep-this is right here in the city that I live in. I read the story to easy child/difficult child this morning and she just shook her head.

buddy

Reminds me of that FRIENDS episode when Pheobe changed her name when she got married ... found out it could be anything not just her hubby's name so she picked something outrageous so her hubby changed his name to prove a point to something like Crapbag or something disgusting... I miss that show.

in real life i do say.... (esp when gorked out about money).... It could be worse, I am not living in a muddy tent in Haiti with no possibility of change, medical care, etc.

When I was at MOA yesterday I was sitting on a bench when I read this story. I snickered out loud and the lady next to me looked at me, so I felt obligated to show her and she burst out laughing too. She must have tried to say the name 10 times and gave up. the lady on the other side of me (she was really nice, normal but didn't read the full story) thought the guy looked like a model! Her friend highly disagreed and so did I... YUCK.