It is 1:15am

nvts

Have you tried warm milk with a capful of vanilla extract and a tablespoon of sugar? Add a melatonin and you might luck out. I know you're going through the wringer with this lately - his anxiety level is probably through the roof with school starting.

I wish we lived closer - Evie wanted to play with me from 2:15 until 4:30 this morning. Verrrry unusual for her - and here's the worst part: all 3 difficult child's stayed in their own beds for the 1st time in about 4 mos. The only other time that happened the dog threw up all over my rug!

Try and get some sleep during the day!

I'm feeling it for you! :)

Beth

Jena

hi

im so sorry i know those nights can be torture beyond. you gotta get your rest too somehow. hope you got some sleep

Fran

Former desparate mom
Sometimes life is cruel to mom's. I remember many a night being awake due to difficult child's hyper energy. I don't envy you this phase of raising a difficult child.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
We saw 2:13, 3:15, 4:00, and started again at 5:15.

ARGH!

But...I recall when this was the norm, not the exception. So I can't complain too much. I don't have any meetings today at work, so I am taking the day off. I need a mental health day, anyway.

Jena

good 4 u. yea its funny right? when we're used to that everynight and than life changes and we have a sudden breakthru night up we kinda roll with-it. ahhh it's all relative in our difficult child's world.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Yeah, its all relative.

As a newborn, like all new babies, I was sleep deprived. He slept thru the night relatively quickly. Until he was about 14 months old, and then he just quit sleeping. He didn't sleep past 2am most nights again regularly until he was about 5. I look back on that and wonder how in the **** I didn't just die from exhaustion. lol And when I think back to then, lack of sleep isn't even something that sticks out. Which amazes me.

TerryJ2

Arrgh!
Can he play Legos in the dark, quietly, while you sleep?
I had a migraine once, took my medications, and laid down in bed ... difficult child was 2, and he sat on my stomach and drove cars all over me.
We both made it through somehow.
I guess Wee is too big to sit on you and play Legos ...
Sigh.
Maybe tonight you'll both sleep?