Janet is this near your son?

Nancy

For the past couple years my sister-in-law and I have been watching eagle cams ever since we heard about three eaglets on camera in Norfolk Virginia that we could watch hatch and grow. This story tells of their adventure. I have been following them since 2011. When I saw where NX has taken up residence I knew the name of the city sounded familar. Doesn't Jamie live near there? Does he ever see any bald eagles flying around?

DammitJanet

That is exactly where he is and if anyone actually gets a call on the bird they will send Jamie out because he is the one who goes on wildlife calls. In fact, that area they released her at is where Jamie and Tony camp all the time. Beautiful area.

Nancy

Wow that's neat. Does he ever get to see an eagle? If he finds one injured does he take it to the Wildlife Center of Virginia? I learned so much about eagles. I didn't know that we cannot touch an eagle if we find it injured, must go through proper authorities and if one dies it cannot be disposed of, must go to American Indians. Can't even pick up an eagle feather if found. We have some nesting eagle here near me and no one is allowed anywhere near their nest in season. But the eagle cams give us a great view of what goes on.

I am amazed at how good parents they are and they could teach us all a lesson. Once the eagles fledge and leave the nest they are not allowed back. Parents use the nest every year for new eggs. Parents will chase their kids away. They teach them how to hunt and then poof they are put on their own. No coddling with eagles. They know their juveniles need to learn how to make it on their own.

DammitJanet

LOL....The eagles should teach the American Indians something...sorry, I couldnt resist. I can say that considering I am raising them. Or raised them shall I say. And have a 54 year old lump on my couch that wasnt raised right!