jumping in to say hi!

Jena

hi :)

I hope everyone is well. i haven't been in all week long. Between my back and losing time at work, and playing catch up this week than the move and the torture of all that came with it ex wives and all :) lucky me.

it's been trying. i just took a hot bubble bath after getting difficult child down and have to get up at 6 a.m. to drive easy child to her job. which she loves by the way.

well, ms. difficult child has been physically aggressive verbally abusive, you name it this past week, problems with kids at school, loves the house yet manic beyond belief. me and a small army can't quiet her.

i knew it would be this way spring ahead in a few days so that always triggers her add in the move and boom we have one out of control difficult child!

it's been a good time NOT!!!

anyone else's difficult child's kicking up due to the clocks and extended daylight? be ware its a rough transition as i'm sure most of you know.

last year she was up for 4 nights with it. positive side of it is she's more manic and slightly irritable yet the depression ceases in the summer months.

how is everyone else?? it would take forever to get back into the loop i'm sooo out of it. I am loopless. :(:peaceful:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Sorry to hear that difficult child is struggling so right now. It's definitely the time of the year for many difficult children. Mine is teetering right now but not so bad as in other years. Good for you on the hot bubble bath.:bath:

Andy

Dear Loopless,
Don't worry, being in a loop isn't always what it seems to be. Sometimes that loop picks up a bump and gets stuck in a rut. Life is forever changing. Sometimes the info in the loop is so complicated that you feel that you just can't get it so off to a new loop you go.
I think the time between Christmas break and Easter is the hardest on kids (and adults). The weather is to the point where playing outdoors is not possible. The kids start getting cabin fever. Then, comes the lovely Spring time change. Loose one hour of sleep. And not just you and difficult child, but EVERYONE gets to loose one hour of sleep. Most people get cranky if they are short one hour of sleep, then add EVERYONE to get cranky and it takes awhile for us all to catch up and be somewhat human again. It throws the most structured people off kilt. They absolutely need that hour and it is super hard to get kids to go to bed an hour early to get it. I don't know if that has worked for anyone.
Your observation about difficult child's depression disappearing over the Summer months is important. I think that indicates that Sunshine revitalizes her. That is common in many people (probably all people but some people it is more noticable in). Over the winter months, we tend to be outdoors less and less and our sunshine from Summer and Fall starts to wear off. See if you can get her to play outside more. Now that you have a new place, she can build snow forts in your back yard. Bundle her up in snowpants and boots and expect her to be wet when she comes in.
Hang in there, Summer is on its way (I think!).

M

ML

I'm ready for summer! I'm sorry the transition was rough but I look for things to get better in the coming months. Love, ML

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
K is a bit loco as well.
I am sorry about your back. That just stinks when you still have to deal with the real world.

Time change is so hard for a bit, they adjust after what feels like forever!

Here in the good ol' Maverick state we don't believe in time change! huh?

I hope difficult child sees some stability one day soon.

I wish I had a magic wand for so many of us... take us to the corner for our own respite...

Jena

good morning

yes you are all right, the time change is rough on our girlfriend'gs and on us. I'm flipping the time so that she doesn't feel the change this year. we'll see how that goes for her.

it was good having her at her dad's this weekend, it gave me a chance to get some stuff together.

i think it's going to take a while though before i'm able to get everything where it should be. it's nice though having the space, i don't feel cluttered i'm able to put boxes in one room yet have the rest of hte house in order. :)

i'm adjusting i've never lived in a house before, i'Tourette's Syndrome odd all this room lol