Just too technological around here...

KTMom91

Hubby recently discovered skype, and is going nuts with it. Now he's talking to one of his buddies who lives about a mile away. I thought the purpose of skype was to talk to people way far away. Now they're comparing streaming speed, clarity (dude, look, it's my hand!) and monitor size. If he was on the phone, I'd send him outside. I notice that people talk MUCH LOUDER when they aren't on a land line, too.

I'm so bored.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Hmmmm... maybe your package will arrive this weekend and he'll stop skyping for two minutes to pay some attention to you!

donna723

I would really like to get it too, but I'm way too much of a techno-dummy to ever install it myself. In my case though, it's because my only grandbaby is 630 miles away and he changes practically day to day. He's already progressed so far from when I saw him at Christmas! If they can visit this spring, I'm going to get my genius sister in law to install it for me while they're here.

But mostly I'm very, very glad that people CAN'T see me sitting here in my old blue bathrobe with my wild, unbrushed hair and the three-ring puppy circus going on behind me!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
But mostly I'm very, very glad that people CAN'T see me sitting here in my old blue bathrobe with my wild, unbrushed hair and the three-ring puppy circus going on behind me!

Oh gosh, Amen to THAT! Same here. Except it's 3-ring difficult child circus...:tongue:

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Skype is easy to install, you just need to be sure you have a microphone, wi-fi connection and camera if you want pictures, but don't even need camera. You don't have to choose to turn on a camera if you don't want to either...... It is great!