Just when I start to enjoy the calm in my life....

Mom2oddson

difficult child-Steph calls daddy and wants to have lunch with the two of us. Me? The evil-troll Step-Mom from....? Yeah....

The girl has had nothing and I mean nothing to do with us for over a year. Now suddenly she wants to have lunch with us. Hmmmmm...am I jaded? Because my first thought is "What game is she playing now?" "What does she want?"

Her B-day is in 18 days. Maybe she wants to butter us up so that she gets a gift? Or it could be to rub our noses in the fact that she now has her drivers license and a car. (under the rules in my evil domain - she had to pass her drug rehab classes before she could even think about a drivers license). Or maybe she's plotting something else with dear sweet mother in law....

I don't know. It feels like a trap! Honestly! That is what I'm feeling, like this is some trap/plot/scheme to cause yet more pain in our lifes.

Maybe I have PTSD since every time calm comes into my life, it quickly ends with yet another attack from mother in law.

husband is so excited because his baby girl wants to have lunch with us. And I'm feeling like a cornered fugative. And husband insists that I am there. Nice happy little family. :sick:

So, I suggested a food place that is in the parking lot of a big shopping center. I figure, If it is a trap...I can go shopping. If things start getting ugly, I can go shopping. And if everything goes okay....I can self-medicate with a shopping spree afterwards :laugh:

Someone pass the xanax please. I think I'll be needing for the next 24 hours.