Kanga in new psychiatric hospital

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by JJJ, Jan 29, 2008.

1. JJJ

JJJ Active Member

Thanks to all of you for your prayers and good wishes. The "gatekeeper" declared Kanga still in need of acute in-patient services and she was transferred to the child/teen inpatient psychiatric unit of a major medical hospital this afternoon. I met with the charge nurse for over an hour and got to meet with the educational teacher as well as meet 4-5 other staff.

I am now in need of 3 more reports from the professionals and my grant application is complete. I hope to submit it Friday. That will start the 35 day waiting period for an answer.

Now, if only I can get the professionals to complete their reports in the next 48 hours...
  2. flutterbee

flutterbee Guest

I'm glad that it went the way it needed to and the way you were hoping for.

I think Star is running around with a blow-torch. She could use it to light a fire under the professionals bums....
  3. mrscatinthehat

mrscatinthehat Seussical

Sending support that they will get their parts done. Hugs.

4. PersonalEnigma

PersonalEnigma New Member

Sounds like she is on the way to getting some help. Thanks goodness she's still in care - she needs to get her life in control again before she is ready to come home. Good luck with the new hospital!
  5. susiestar

susiestar Roll With It

I am so glad she is where she needs to be right now. And I will send fiery thoughts to the experts' tusshies to light a fire under them regarding the paperwork!!