Kanga's on run

DammitJanet

Ugh...glad she was found in a relatively short time but sorry it happened in the first place. I had flashbacks to all the other runners on the board. Some of them were on the run for weeks!

JJJ

Kanga was full of attitude when she woke up. Told staff, "I did it, we had sex and now I'm pregnant and you could not stop me."

Mentor-man went off on her:

1. You are not pregnant - you are on birthcontrol.
2. You are in no way ready to care for a baby. You don't care about anyone except yourself.
3. This is not a facility for runners. If you run again, you may find yourself moved to a locked, all-girls facility.
4. You are selfish, you are selfish, you are selfish

She called me demanding to know if we were moving her to 'that place". I had to think fast because, at that point, I didn't know what Mentor had said to her. Luckily I was able to get her to say more and figured it out. She was full of attitude at me about how she is going to go find her 'real mom' cause she'd understand that no one should stop her from doing what she needs to do. I told her that I couldn't force her to make good choices but if she kept making dangerous choices then the adults around her would make her world very small and if the only way to keep her safe was to put her in an out-of-state, all-girls long term locked psychiatric hospital, then that is where she would go. She said she'd just swing back to girls. Nice.

Conversation ended with me telling her that I was FINISHED with her blatant rejection of this family; DIGUSTED with her nasty choices; INFURIATED that after years and years and over a half of million dollars in treatment, she still was the most self-centered, cruel person I ever met. I told her that she was not to call us again. (I only used one swear word and I wasn't screaming, it was more of a cold fury tone of voice.)

I called Mentor and he said the only thing that seemed to sink into her little brain was the threat to move her so he is focusing on that to try and break her out of her (insert bad word) attitude. He sounded livid at her. He was pulling a double shift so he was going to stay on her case the entire day. I spoke with him later and he said they seemed to be making some progress with her but that they were keeping her on high-risk supervision as she was still threatening to run again.

JJJ

Her phone priviledges have been cancelled. She may not call anyone, including us. (I pulled them and Residential Treatment Center (RTC) is backing me up.) I left a message for therapist that when she had a chance, we would talk and that Kanga's next phone calls would be supervised by her.

I haven't told Residential Treatment Center (RTC) or Kanga yet but I am not visiting her as scheduled in two weeks. How will I know that after driving 6 hours that she'll be there and not on run??? It costs about $350 to visit her....not worth the risk.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
:holymoly: You think maybe NOW they get what you've been telling them about her? Sheesh.

Glad she's been found. Sorry, but I'm voting for the locked psychiatric ward. I just don't see things changing.

(((((Hugs)))))