List of questions for difficult child

toughlovin

Ok here is my list of questions for difficult child.... I am trying to make them as neutral as possible and for him to think about, not necessarily answer to me.
Feel free to give me any feedback.

1.What do I need help with to find a good place to live and to support myself and how will I get that help?

2.How will I stay on medications.

3.How will I get help with my mental health issues?

4.How much support can my friends realistically give me and for how long?

5. What was my situation in CA when I was happiest? Will I be going back to that situation and will it last?

6. What am I really running from?

7. Is this place better or worse than jail?

8. Is this place better or worse than being homeless in the winter?

lovemysons

TL you are such a terrific Mamma. I just want you to really know that.

Please remember that you are not responsible for the outcome.
Love,
LMS

Calamity Jane

Very relevant and thoughtful questions, TL. I feel like I "know" your son, and I recall reading some posts a while back and thinking, "This guy is so resourceful - I would be scared to death to be in his position right now." For whatever reason(s), he's a nonconformist at his core, and while those questions would make anyone reflect and pause, they may not have any effect on him. He does not lack intelligence, and that is what makes it all the more frustrating.
I'm holding your hand in cyberspace, TL. Good luck.

dstc_99

Those all sound like reasonable thought causing questions. I hope he takes them and uses them effectively.

toughlovin

Thank you for your kind words....I got a call from the drug court coordinator today and they had heard rumors from some others in custody that difficult child wants to go back to CA. I am relieved they know and have talked to the program so now I don't need to debate with myself how much I say or don't say. She was very supportive to me and we are on the same page. We both hope he will stick it out but if he leaves they will try and pick him up and he will do time. So think of me tonight.

TL

Nancy

I'll be thinking of you tonight and hoping for the best. I'm glad they are on to him too, takes you out of the picture. Your questions are so relevant, but I would be surprised if he gave them much consideration. I wish he would, they would be great questions to explore through therapy, he may get some valuable insight.

dstc_99

Maybe if the PO and the program stay in contact they can be alerted as soon as difficult child leaves and pick him up as he walks away. He needs help