Looks like March 11th for difficult child 1's 504 Team meeting

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I emailed the counselor today about difficult child 1's lovely grades (not!) and how husband and I want to meet with all his teachers to brainstorm on what other supports he might need. Depending on how this goes, I'll mail my evaluation request to the district at some point in the next week or so.

Counselor said the Lang Arts teacher had already discussed her concerns with her and she agreed we all need to meet (all 7 of his teachers, counselor and us... wondering if we should pull difficult child 1 into this as well?)

I found out from a friend who now works as the counselor's secretary that there is a program for kids failing 3 or more classes called "Learning at Lunch." I'm hoping to find out more -- and am betting that they'll recommend this for him. Whatever it takes, in my opinion. He already spends his lunch hour hanging out in the library (or so he says), so this probably won't be a big deal to him. He told me he's heard about the program from other kids with whom he's shared his lousy grade info. :thumbsdown:

Who knows... maybe he'll pull a miracle out of his hiney and surprise us with C's by the end of next month. That would be just peachy by me.

M

ML

Whatever works! I like the idea of including difficult child in the planning. He will feel empowered to be part of it I think.

I just got manster's report card. C- in math. The other grades were Cs and one B. I have a young kid from work coming over next weekend to tutor him.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
That seems to be pretty quick turn around, all things considered...

With the other evaluation in the works, too, this sounds like a good interim step. Good for yoU!