"Marley and Me"

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by HereWeGoAgain, Jul 23, 2008.

1. HereWeGoAgain

HereWeGoAgain Grandpa

I'm sure many of you are familiar with this amazingly warm and touching memoir of a difficult child dog. Reading Suz's tribute to her Molly and Mustang Chick's to Taz brought it to mind. I listened to it on CD on our last car trip. I am sure everyone here can especially relate to the story. It's a guaranteed two-hanky minimum, but you'll laugh more than cry.

It will be out in movie version, starring Owen Wilson and Jennifer Aniston in the human roles, later this year. I saw a preview for it -- a yellow lab puppy running in slow-mo down the beach, a determined expression on his face, with the "Chariots of Fire" theme playing. The camera slowly pans back down the beach to Wilson and Aniston puffing along in pursuit, holding a leash and calling, "Maaarleeeey!" If you've read the book you'll understand just how perfectly that trailer captures the essence of it.

2. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

My dog often has those "Chariots of Fire" moments, but if they filmed me running behind him it would look more like a Cheech and Chong movie with the torn strap hanging on to the dogs harness and me lying in a pile of smoldering flesh with serious road rash and about 4' of dirt on top of my head, hand sticking out of the flaming/smoking pile still holding on to the leash loop.

Marley and Me sounds like a fantastic Movie. While I can't stand Owen Wilsons nose - I think he's a great actor with his own unique style.

3. trinityroyal

trinityroyal Well-Known Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Star, I thought I was the only one who felt that way about Owen Wilson's nose.

HWGA, that does sound like a wonderful movie.
    Trinity

4. Abbey

Abbey Spork Queen

I read the book awhile back. Anyone whose owned a dog can completely relate to this touching story. You're right...I laughed as much as I cried.

Abbey

5. flutterbee

flutterbee Guest

Don't give it away. I haven't read it, yet. It's on my list, though.

And what is up with Owen Wilson's nose? Looks like it's been broken one too many times.

6. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

Ohhh, I want to see that movie!!