May I be lazy and use your brain instead of mine?

DDD

What does 3-6-9 mean? I "think" it is Omegas that come in pill form but I'm too swamped to research.

Any easy answer for an overtaxed brain?? Thanks. DDD

Lothlorien

There are Omega 3s, but there are also 6 and 9s. These are just more Omega fatty acids that your body needs.

Some vitamin companies are selling a 3-6-9 combo. My kids love them.

DDD

That must be the 2-6-9 that was referred to by my acquaintance.
Are they available in standard stores or just in health food stores? Can't hurt to try! Thanks. DDD

Lothlorien

I have not seen them in a regular grocery store except for Wegman's and Whole Foods, which cater to natural foods and organic buyers. You should have no problem finding them in a health food store or a grocery store that caters to natural foods.

InNeedOfGrace

Hello, I am new to the site, but I thought I could jump in here. My husband works for a company that produces omega 3, 6, and 9 products. These essential fatty acids are low in typical north american diets. Many of them come from nuts and seeds and also from certain fish. A couple of studies suggest that children who display ADHD behaviors were low in Omega fatty acids. We have been giving DS age 3 cod liver oil (which contains omega 3-6-9's) and it seems to help his wild and out of control behavior at least to some extent. Where my husband works they make a berry flavored version that our DS loves to take--almost like candy. Also, there is a book by Dr. Chilton about diet and inflamatory diseases that talks about not having the correct balance of fatty acids in our diet. Hope that is informative. =)

Lothlorien

Well, hello there InneedofGrace! Welcome to the site and thank you for the information.

I hope you will come out and introduce yourself on the general board.