More manageable

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Wiped Out, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

My class at school is getting better. I am now down to 22 students and the most severe Special Education kiddo will be only in my room until 10:00 each morning and then going to an alternate school that can better meet his needs. They also split up two kiddos that were really a bad combination. There are still many, many needs and many behaviors but things are definitely looking up:)

On a side note I drank my first frappacinno(sp?) today. I don't drink coffee and have never enjoyed coffee flavored anything. Well, tonight after school, a former student and parent walked in with three double chocolate ones from Starbucks(one for the former spec. ed teacher, one for a former SEA, and one for me). I decided to try it and loved it!!!!!!!!!! Couldn't even taste the coffee. I hate to think of how many calories but it sure was delicious.
  2. Fran

Fran Former Site Owner

Good news about having your class be more manageable. Whew. It would have made a long year.

My husband loves their frappacino's too. I'm a die hard regular normal Maxwell House/Folger's coffee with a splash of skim milk and splenda.

Around Christmas they have a peppermint frappaccino that is really delicious.
  3. klmno

klmno Active Member

You sound so much better- at least there is some reduction in workload and stress. And, you got a little "reward" today, too! Ok, not what you deserved from the school, but a student's family remembered you, so that counts for something! I hope the school continues to try to make things reasonably manageable for you. I was really worried for you a couple of weeks ago.
  4. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

Glad to hear the crowd is smaller and easier to handle.
  5. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

Thanks Ladies!

Fran-It sure would have been a long year! I don't think I better drink any more Fraps because it could get addicting!

Klmno-It was so touching to me that this family came back to do something nice-they also know (through the spec. ed teacher) what a rough beginning to the year it's been at our school. Thanks for the good thoughts-I really didn't know how I was going to make it through the year.

Mary-Thanks for the good thoughts!
  6. timer lady

timer lady Queen of Hearts

Sharon - sorry I missed this!

I'm so glad to hear that work is getting less stressful - more manageable. You didn't need more on your plate.
  7. Lothlorien

Lothlorien Active Member Staff Member

That's got to be some relief for you! That's great!
  8. house of cards

house of cards New Member

I'm very happy to hear that things are more managable now, you were overloaded for sure. Hope the rest of the year goes smoothly.
  9. Abbey

Abbey Spork Queen

Glad they worked with you on class load. Enjoy the fluffy drink! If I had one I'd be running around like a bunny. I don't do caffeine too well.