My difficult child made me an Easter basket

Discussion in 'Parent Emeritus' started by dashcat, Mar 31, 2013.

1. dashcat

dashcat Member

I thought it was time to post something postive. It was really very sweet of her. It contained: chocolate peanut butter cups, a Godiva dark chocloate bar (my favorite), Lindt chocolate truffles and a book (The Timekeepers, by Mitch Albom).

She, of course, had an Easter basket ... the very same basket she's had since she was little. I don't believe in extravangant Easter gfits. Hers contained a few pairs of adorable socks, a Malley's Easter Bunny (mandatory, as far as I'm concerned), some peanut butter cups, peeps (ick! I didn't introduce her to these, but somehow they became a tradition), some nail polish and three Malley's filled eggs.

In the midst of all the madness that has been the last few weeks, this was a very sweet and welcome respite.

2. Kathy813

Kathy813 Well-Known Member Staff Member

How sweet. Treasure the moment!

3. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member Staff Member

That was very sweet. Happy Easter!
  4. Calamity Jane

Calamity Jane Well-Known Member

That's sweet, Dash. Every person has many facets, and I'm glad difficult child showed a thoughtful one! Enjoy your candy and book!
  5. LittleDudesMom

LittleDudesMom Well-Known Member Staff Member

That was very sweet :bunny_ears:
  6. JKF

JKF Well-Known Member

Awww! That was so sweet Dash!
  7. That was sweet and thoughtful of her as well.

Enjoy that kindness! Glad you had a nice Easter
  8. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

Lovely and so sweet. Our kids can be sweet at times.
  9. 1905

1905 Well-Known Member

Very, very nice post!
  10. StressedM0mma

StressedM0mma Active Member

That is wonderful Dash. My DDs were not happy that I didn't make it to Malley's this Easter. They love the peanut butter eggs. Enjoy your candy. I am sure it will taste even better knowing where it came from.
  11. recoveringenabler

recoveringenabler Well-Known Member Staff Member

That's great Dash, I'm happy you had a nice Easter, you deserve it...........