My Fault?

susiestar

Roll With It
husband has been insistent that HE handle the paperwork and requirements for this life change. I have been asked to give advice but to let him handle things.

So WHY is all the paperwork dumped on me, then he has a fit if he forgets something?

I just found some paperwork and I have no idea if a deadline has been missed to change insurance and what not.

I have NEVER seen this. He has been just piling paperwork for school, bills etc on me.

He needed a school form I hadn't seen to take thank you back to school today. I found this and he almost hit the ceiling. Almost.

I have no clue what is going on, but if this is MY fault, as he snapped at me, then he better pony up records on all the jobs, etc... he has and has not been chasing.

Mommy. Is. Not. Happy.

Thank you for letting me vent.:mad::mad::mad:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Susie, despite what they may think, it's ALWAYS their fault. The sooner men realize this, the sooner the world's equilibrium will be reestablished and all will be well. :D

"I'm sorry, I cannot hear what you are saying because of all the snapping! Can you please try again, this time with a little less venom and accusation, sweetheart?"

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Susie,

One of the things that drove me crazy was husband was expected me to handle all the paperwork yet I didn't have the time to keep up. When I would ask for help in that area he'd blow.

Well, dealing with multiple appts a week, along with evaluations, part time work, bills, etc, etc, etc, we were lucky I stayed on top of paying the mortgage, let alone the rest of life.

husband finally, after a date night & some discussion, agreed & followed thru on the bills & such & I would handle the kids stuff.

A division of the "labors of love" is amazingly effective.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Sweetie, it's YOUR fault because he now knows what an incredible challenging job it is to keep up with it all........and he feels like he's drowning. It's killing his male ego, I suspect because he can't do this as well as you.

Ok. So we of course know that's not your fault at all.......and he does too deep down. But men like to blame someone....never themselves for such things. Heaven forbid he just say to you, "Honey, how on earth did you ever keep all this straight? I admire your ability, now give me some tips."

I'm having the same issues.

((hugs))

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Your fault? Hahahahaha.

Welcome to our new little club - we are responsible for everything! We have so much power we could rule the world! (ha)

Star*

call 911........call 911
(nah) - think about Toto's daughter and the doughnut case -

"What? I can't possibly hear you those doughnuts look so delicious."

I don't care if I have to stare at a box of dog biscuits - It's about the same equivilant. :mad: la la la la la

KTMom91

Welcome to the club. The variation I hear is..."Let me be a MAN and make decisions for my family." Then MAKE them...

Star*

call 911........call 911
The variation I hear is..."Let me be a MAN and make decisions for my family."QUOTE]

Would that be........the steaks & shrimp out of the back of that pickup truck with the Mississippi tags? (remember the one that I let the dogs loose on?) = man could that small man mooove!

Would that be........that raccoon you tried to coerce down from the back of the dump truck with your walker and cane? (MAN she was big....boy he was fast)

Would that be........the night you and the boys went out to the strip club and you really gave our home number to the woman wanting rebel flag thong because you know the guy who owns the little rebel gift shop? (Yup she called at 3:00 AM and I handed him the phone -her name was Bambi - here ya go genius make a sale...does that come with a bra?)

Would that be........the night you flipped my brand new SUV and turned it into a corkscrew ride at Disney in the middle of the road - trying to avoid hitting a deer that we all know was. not. there? (I just..I have no comment)

Would that be.......the windows that you had installed and paid 2 crack heads IN ADVANCE WITHOUT A CONTRACT BECAUSE THEY ARE GOOD GUYS to wrap the house in aluminum they really didn't know what they were doing and you forgot to tell them they needed to make a depression for the screens - and now I can't open the windows in the Fall and the screens are still all sitting in the shed in boxes? :)angry::mad::mad:)

Yes please .......let's just have you make all the decisions without talking to your partner.....go on.....make 'em....all. day. long. I'll just sit here like Ron Pearlman...and peel off $50's and light my cigars.....and wipe my nose with $100's.....please.:tongue:

Although - he did buy that Forman Grill for $100 and the Garden cart for $299 - TOTALLY THINKS he redeemed himself and I've yet to hear the end of either.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Gee, Star...tell us what you really think. :)

I always took care of paperwork, then genious H decided a few years ago to do it himself. Okay... well, fast forward a few years and you'll find that I can't find anything. I'm a tad Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) when it comes to organization. It has been painful to watch him take over. Painful to the point that I don't even respond anymore. I don't know where you put your W2's. Is this for last year, the year before or maybe longer?

It's very frustrating, but I'm learning to do everything in my name only. THAT I can keep track of.

Abbey