My girl grows up!

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Penta, May 23, 2008.

1. Penta

Penta New Member

I don't post much now, but do read often and just wanted to say what a proud G-Ma I am at this moment in time.

My girl has truly grown up! She received her grades from her second year in college today 3As and 2 Bs. She has a 3.5 grade point average...this achievement, even with dyslexia and related Learning Disability (LD) struggles.

Tomorrow she is off to Europe to study for 6 weeks. She made this happen all on her own with no input from me, financial or otherwise. She applied for a scholarship, got all her paperwork, passport, documentation, credit card, euros etc single handedly and now is off for the adventure of her life.

When she was 14, I wasn't sure either of us would survive and now our lives are completely different.
  2. witzend

witzend Well-Known Member

Penta, it couldn't have happened to a nicer family! You all have been through so much, it's a real tribute to both of your that she has come this far!

3. Lothlorien

Lothlorien Active Member Staff Member

What an awesome update! Thanks for sharing that.
  4. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

I got goose bumps reading this. Thank you so much for sharing this! I'm glad to hear things are going so well.
  5. Abbey

Abbey Spork Queen

Oh my gosh!! Good to *see* you again.

Your daughter seems to be on an exciting path. What a wonderful adventure.

Keep us informed of her progress.

6. busywend

busywend Well-Known Member Staff Member

So awesome!!
  7. Andy

Andy Active Member

Thank you for letting us know that all those "How can I handle one more thing" moments that are usually just the first step in an incredibly long horrid week or month or year can have a successful ending. Your girl has learned the secret in life, "I am in charge of myself and I can handle anything."

Congratulations to both of you!
  8. Big Bad Kitty

Big Bad Kitty lolcat

I love reading good news posts like this.
  9. Star*

Star* call 911

Nice to see you. But nicer still to hear such remarkable news. It gives me hope.

Come around more when you can.
  10. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

Absolutely awesome Update!!!! Good for difficult child!!
  11. timer lady

timer lady Queen of Hearts

Oh Penta....thank you for sharing this with us. I can hear the pride in your voice.

You have been the ultimate :warrior: mom for your difficult child. She has come out the other end (adulthood) stronger & able to survive in the "real" world.

Let your difficult child know that this board auntie is so very proud. It gives me hope for kt & wm.