My guy is doing great at Residential Treatment Center (RTC) !!

mazdamama

Last night I got to see and talk to Daniel via SKYPE and it is amazing to see the changes in his attitude. He is happy there and has settled in well even knowing that he could be there 4-6 months. He told me that they are helping him learn why he does the things he does.

I did tell him that bear and blankie were mailed out along with some pics and a love letter from me. He has also accepted the fact that Mom cannot just come up there any old time because of the distance.

Although I am still a bit anxious about things....still have David here....things are so much calmer. I skipped my own appointment with my psychiatrist yesterday just to have a day OFF. Will be seeing my therapist today though but she will see the change.

I now have alot of hope for the future because Daniel not only admits he needs help but wants it. He told me he wants to be a good dad to any children he has when he grows up and knows he cannot be if he is full of anger.

So glad I was kicked in the behind by so many here locally to make the right decision for him.

crazymama30

I am glad he is doing well, and hope he continues too. Beware, many kiddos will do well at first, a honeymoon period, and then have their behaviors worsen. Not sure if yours will do this, but just wanted to warn you. Have a good day to yourself.