My last post...promise...my daughter will be on WGN TV between 11-12 CST Mon. 12-3

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by MidwestMom, Dec 2, 2012.

1. SomewhereOutThere

SomewhereOutThere Well-Known Member

She was chosen by the college she works at to show the audience how to make a cake that looks like a tied present and I just got off the phone with her and she is scared to death...lol. She is afraid of making a mistake because it is live. Anyone who wants to see Julie (PasryChef), I think WGN is nationwide, but not sure. This is my daughter who was once a druggie and has straightened out her act and is doing well as a chef. I'm very proud of her, but I'm mother-scared for her because SHE is nervous about doing this show. She is actually very shy!!!! (biting nails) She will be on at any time between 11CST and 12CST. I am going to tape it, of course...lol.

2. JJJ

JJJ Active Member

11am or 11pm?

3. JJJ

JJJ Active Member

Nvm,,,checked the listings, 11am, I set it to tape!

4. svengandhi

svengandhi Well-Known Member

Oh, congrats. That is so wonderful that she has turned her life around so much. What is WGN? I'm in the NYC area and have never heard of it. Is it a network or a local station?

5. HaoZi

HaoZi Guest

Congrats to her, hope all goes well!

6. witzend

witzend Well-Known Member

WGN is out of Chicago, and is usually available on cable. If you have cable, you can look at your channel line-up online, or just search "all" in your channel listings.

7. witzend

MWM, tell her to relax, she'll be fine. All of her aunties are pulling for her!

8. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member Staff Member

What is the name of the show she will be on? I found WGN but can't find a show that would have cooking on it.

9. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

Ohh I'm so excited!

I need to look at listings. But tell her that her board aunties will be watching and keeping their fingers crossed for her. She'll be brilliant, I'm sure of it! :)

10. witzend

It's "WGN Midday News".

11. Hopeless

Hopeless ....Hopeful Now

This board auntie has my DVR set to record it. How fun!!

12. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

Got my DVR set!

13. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

You should tell her to try out for Last Baker Standing on Cake Boss!

14. SomewhereOutThere

SomewhereOutThere Well-Known Member

LOL, oh wow! Thanks! If my old DVD doesn't work, can somebody burn me a copy? I'll pay!

I would NEVER tell Julie I told ANYONE to watch. She is really very shy and she's already freaking out...lolol. I love you all :)

15. buddy

buddy New Member

It's on at 12 in our city in MN. The menu is called WGNA. And the show wgn midday news. Should be fun!

16. cubsgirl

cubsgirl Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to seeing it :)

17. buddy

buddy New Member

Was it Monday? They made a blueberry goat cheese pie on what I watched, I must not have read your post carefully, hope I didn't miss it Sun.....boohoo

18. Jody

Jody Active Member

Oh gosh I wish I could watch it. How exciting!! I bet you are proud of her!!! Maybe I can find it online later when I am not working.

19. cubsgirl

cubsgirl Well-Known Member

She did great - and her cake was beautiful!

20. buddy

buddy New Member

So weird! I wonder why she wasn't on wgn here?