Nancy, How's It Going?

DDD

You've come to mind twice this weekend so I'm reaching out. Just want you to know that I'm thinking about you and yours. DDD

everywoman

Nancy, hope you're okay. I know this week has been tough. Hope you are okay and that difficult child at least let you enjoy some of graduation.

Nancy

Thanks for thinking of me DDD.

difficult child turned 18 yesterday. It was quiet and subdued. I bought her a necklace of a heart within a heart and wrote a note that said, 'wherever you go you will always know you are in our hearts." She seemed to genuinely appreciate it. We went to dinner at a restaurant and she invited her boyfriend, but not until the boyfriend's mom called and said it was ok that he go. She didn't get any birthday cards from husband's side of the family. They have all withdrawn their support. I understand but it still hurts.

Graduation was today. Again it was a subdued affair without much fanfare on our part. The ceremony was in one of our downtown theaters so afterwards we went to lunch on the river. We got some nice pictures of her and her girlfriend's bedfore we left the theater.

In some ways I feel bad that she is not having a grad party. I'm sad for all the things she has missed or given up. But we are happy and relieved that this weekend has been quiet. The rest of her life is up to her now.

Nancy

DDD

Phew/Whew! I understand that it was not what you had hoped and prayed for but she has a diploma, you all were there, there are photos of the event and you can treasure the memories.

No wonder I was thinking of you........the vibes traveled to Florida! ;)
DDD

DammitJanet

I have been thinking of you too.

I am glad the ceremony went okay and the birthday went well. The necklace sounds so lovely. I wish my mom had ever given me something that sentimental. I would have treasured it.

pepperidge

Nancy,

have been following your saga for awhile now, and feel for you. How much it hurts, how hard you have tried. It is up to her, but its hard to see your investment and love spurned. I hope you get some peace from the on going drama.

At least you got to graduation. Sometimes I wonder if we will even make it that far.

Feel good about how hard you worked to get that far.

P.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
But we are happy and relieved that this weekend has been quiet.

Nancy, considering how terrible it could have been had she followed through on her hateful attitude from a couple of weeks ago, this is a huge success.

I hope you and husband take a private moment tonight to share a deep sigh of relief. A shot of brandy probably couldn't hurt either. ;)

You survived! :wine:

HUGS.

Suz

Star*

call 911........call 911
Nancy,

I never knew the high schools there used the theaters for grad ceremonies. WHAT a phenominal setting for memories.

I'm glad it was uneventful. I'm more happy that she has her diploma. There are so many here who were supposed to get one this year (class of 09) and did not. I think this is a major jewel in your Mom crown and the princess' as well.

The birthday gift sounded absolutely perfect. I'm glad she appreciated it. I'm very sorry that husband's side chooses to be withdrawn - but I understand too.

Hugs for a milestone! WAY TO GO MOM!!!! Way to go GRAD!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
You did it. Peaceful is great for you and her!
Hold onto the good of the day... do not let the sadness of the day or what you feel should have been or how other families celebrate creep in!
None of us can live up to some of those celebrations, nor would we really want to. ;)

lovemysons

I love the heart necklace and note...you are such a thoughtful mom.

Congrats on difficult child's graduation.
Love,
Tammy