Need the power of the board

everywoman

easy child's knee surgery was scheduled this morning. They cancelled because of WBC and called in a hematologist. I'm waiting for someone to come cover my class so I can get to her. Please pray, rattle beads, dance. Thanks.

nvts

Rattling, praying and crossing appendages! Remember: WBC can elevate with simple things like the common cold!

Beth

everywoman

Her WBC was 45 in her urine. She just finished a 5 day dose of Z-pack. Her blood is not clotting. They are running more tests and she will see a hematologist on Monday.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I danced while I prayed and rattled beads.....figured to cover all bases for my niece.

I got hauled off. The officer thought I was somewhere between nuts and drunk - I tried to explain - while they were untaping the livers off my elbows and covering me with a blanket. They took my beads. Said something about I could hang myself.

So now I'm writing you from the state bed and breakfast computer....

Nice here - once you get past the amateur crazy people. pft....and I'm still dancing.

Best of luck with easy child.....thanks for the vacation. !!! TTFN~!

:tongue:

oh almost forgot - apparently if you want an extended stay? If you run up and down the hall yelling The power of Christ compells you, while wildly waving your arms and shaking your head with your tongue hanging out you get extra applesauce and a craft class! Can't wait - tomorrow we're making slippers out of maxi pads.

Best of luck and prayers for your daughter and yourself.

Fran

Former desparate mom
I'm sorry to hear that surgery was postponed. Hopefully the hematologist will be able to put your mind to ease. I can understand your worry. Hugs.

everywoman

Thanks for all the prayers, rattles, and dancing ladies. The ortho called the hematologist/oncologist from the hospital. She faxed all the paperwork for the tests she needed and they drew vials and vials of blood. husband and easy child went by the office and picked up all the paperwork she needed to fill out and she will go in Monday at 4 to see hem/onc. Surgery is tentatively scheduled for next Thursday 10/30 Her insurance runs out on Sauturday November 1, which is also her 19th birthday! I'm still shaken. I didn't expect this today. She just had tons of bloodwork done in August but the USArmy. She just finished a round of z-pac Saturday. But, I know it's probably just a glitch and all is really fine!!!

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Well, it's tough to do surgery when blood doesn't want to clot....... Hope things get worked out by Nov. 1.......

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Saying prayers and sending hugs. Hoping it's nothing serious and her surgery can go on as planned.

Let me know if the nekked chicken dance is needed. I don't wanna strip until necessary......it got cold here. brrr

((((hugs))))

everywoman

I talked to my oldmaidsister and she remembered that she and I have both been through something similar. I can't remember why, but once I had to go see an oncologist/hematologist because my blood wouldn't clot. She said something about factor VIII, avoiding aspirin, but I do not remember much else. Then my sister had blood work before surgery about 8 years ago and had the same thing. The dr. told her something about a messed up factor that didn't mess up all the time??? My oldest sister called from upstate to check on Jana and laughed about the tainted blood in the family!!!

Jana is upset. Next Saturday is her birthday. If all goes well with the dr. Monday, then she will be laid up on pain medications when she turns 19. And she is such a birthday princess---she has always celebrated the two weeks before and two weeks after---
The countdown begins on Oct. 1 and everyday she reminds you how many days. She loves birthdays!!!! Especially her own.

Plus she had her mind set and ready for surgery. Not easy since she's been through it once, knows the pain, and knows the struggle to recover. She knows she has 2 months of nonweight. Then another month of crutches in pt. Then another few months of pt to learn to walk again. And it's not easy to be 19, loose two life dreams to the same thing, and then boom---this!

But, she's a toughie. She'll make it. And I keep telling her that "That which doesn't kill us makes us stronger." Today she told me, "Then I guess I could lift a car right about now!"

And Susie ??????????????????

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm adding in my prayers. Poor easy child, she has been through a lot lately, I hope things start to look up soon. Hugs.

susiestar

Roll With It
Sorry!!!! My hand slipped on the keyboard and I had husband burst in and start talking to me. I meant I hope they catch what is wrong and can fix it easily.

I am blushing now. No more typing while husband drones on.