Need to have my head examined....

Mom2oddson

difficult child-Ant is moving back in with us this weekend.

He lost his job a couple of months ago and can't afford to pay his half of rent so husband is letting him move back home.

Told Ant to get his name off the lease. If he does or doesn't, that is his issue. easy child even explained why it was important to get his name off the list.

husband has been laying down the rules for Ant. He's not allowed to live at our house and be a bum. He must be activily job searching, taking care of his fines for court, his fees for the school district so he can get his GED.

husband has hopes that Ant will follow the rules. Not me. All I see is my food/water/power bill going thru the roof. And Ant using us as a couch surfing alterative. We tried this last Christmas. It didn't work. Why husband thinks it will work this time...I don't know. He must be an optimist.

Well, on the plus side, I'll have lots of reasons to post again.

dashcat

Oh, boy, I really feel for you. My DEX is like that .... he says he's an "optimist" but I call it denial. I hope Ant surprises you and, if not, that your husband wakes up. Hang in there.
Dash

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I hope it works. But like you, I'm doubtful. At best you may get a honeymoon period.

Some Dad's take much longer to get discouraged. You'd think the opposite would be true, but it doesn't seem to be.

Hugs

katya02

Solace
That's a tough one. If he lost his job through no fault of his own, he could be having legitimately hard times. But with our difficult children we don't
usually get the full story. If husband has told him he can come back, all you can do is be very clear with husband on what the house rules are and
then enforce them, and let the chips fall where they may. The key will be husband and whether he's willing to enforce house rules.

Mom2oddson

I think a few screws got loose in my head too. I'm sitting back and shaking my head with a little giggle added in....

husband is just about to the end of his rope and moving day isn't until tomorrow. Or supposed to be tomorrow. husband has been leaving messages for Ant for 3 days now to make arrangements but Ant can't return any of his calls. Ant's not even in the house yet and the honeymoon period seems to be over.

I love this kids. He's smart, talented, a natural born charmer....and yet too dense to put any of it to work for his own good. And when he gets his Dad on board to help him out???....he starts throwing it away before it begins.

And here I sit laughing about it.

So Star....I think the check should be sent to the funny farm. I think I'm heading that way soon.