Neurontin update

HaoZi

CD Hall of Fame
So, this neurontin stuff... been doing some digging and evidently this is the snake oil medication. It's used for all kinds of things. Chronic pain, menopause hot flashes, anxiety, mood stabilizer, you name it. And either it works for you or it doesn't, there is no in-between with this medication. You also are suggested to wear a medic alert ID when you use it.

And while I've not reached a therapeutic dose yet and I already have more energy, sleep better, less pain, and a better mood. I'm liking it so far, I haven't had this much energy in the morning since pre-Storm. I forgot what it was like (I was diagnosis'd "borderline hyperactive" when I was a kid, lol). I haven't had too many "stupid moments" yet, though I expect I will as the dosage titrates up.

buddy

So glad to hear youre getting dome relief! How wonderful!!!!

If it's working why up it?

I hope you can continue to get better. You deserve to feel wonderful everyday!

HaoZi

CD Hall of Fame
I'm nowhere near a therapeutic dose, just a starting dose. Nor am I anywhere near pain-free, just a bit less painful! Enough to notice a difference, especially first thing in the morning, but it doesn't get me all the way through the days yet (I work on my feet all day, and my knees just kill me in cold wet weather).

buddy

Oh I see....yeah, you deserve full relief if possible. At least enough to tolerate your remaining discomfort (that's how I live.....never gone but doable ). And I suppose the increase in sleep will support better quality of life and the cycle should spiral up! I have huge hopes for that for you. It sounds so promising.

HaoZi

CD Hall of Fame
Weight gain is a potential side effect, but one thing I do have is that my stomach does this weird flippy thing when I eat now. Not really nausea but just weird and it sure keeps me from over-eating! Brain-fog is another thing that can happen but coffee can also lessen that and since I'm a real coffee drinker hopefully that'll keep most of that at bay, too. I seem to be using the spell-check feature more since I started taking though. Hmmmm.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Umm, if husband is any indication, you better titrate up the coffee dosage, too. His memory is SHOT. He is on statins, too, but...