New Clothes

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Hound dog, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

I have a fabulous wardrobe of really nice top name brand clothes. The problem? They are now several sizes too large for me and if I attempt to wear them........I look ridiculous.

A while back I bought a few tops and jeans. I staggered the jeans sizes down to a size 10. I was losing weight at a steady pace so figured I might need them. Well, I did need them......as soon as I bought them. I hadn't seen a size 10 since right before Nichole was born. I didn't buy a lot. Work clothes were tee shirts from the larger sizes because I figured work would be hard on them anyway. (I was right about that)

I wear a size small or medium in tops depending on the cut. Today I could only find size 8 jeans at the good will outlet so I picked them up. I tried them on when I got home and they fit perfectly.

I wore a size XL top and 16 jeans when Fred passed away.

Yay me! :)

I have to brag to someone. easy child gets irked.......so you guys get bragged to. LOL

2. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

Congrats on the weight loss, Lisa!

3. Signorina

Signorina Guest

Way to go Lisa! Enjoy your new clothes :)

4. dstc_99

dstc_99 Well-Known Member

Congrats! You go girl!

Sent using ConductDisorders mobile app

5. Californiablonde

Californiablonde Well-Known Member

Congrats on the weight loss. I can't wait till I can say my clothes are too big and I can no longer wear them. For now I'm still stuck in a 12 but have size 10's already waiting at home for me to fit in. I lost three and a half pounds in the last 13 days so I'm on my way!

6. cubsgirl

cubsgirl Well-Known Member

You have every right to brag! I need to lose a lot of weight - your story is inspiring to me.

7. susiestar

susiestar Roll With It

Proud of You!!!!!!!!!!!

You have been working so hard, and I am glad you are getting healthier. You might post on your local freecycle asking for clothes in whatever size you need. Can't hurt to ask,Know what I mean??

8. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

I'm not so sure about healthier, but I am definitely working hard.

I woke up with lower back pain. Which turned into excruciating lower back pain by time to go to work. Hadn't done a darn thing, I swear, to cause it. If a cowoker had not had ibuprofen on hand, I'd have never made it through the first hour. It kept the pain down to a dull scream level. Still at that level. Sitting with a hot rice pack on it right now.

I may try freecycle, but I don't want stuck with a lot of clothes that don't suit me. I'm still clearing clutter, I don't want to add to it and have to find someone else to give it to. I have a bag of children's clothing to put up..........and still need to decide what to do with the sizes I can't hope to wear. I'm having issues parting with clothing that mostly looks brand new. But even my 2 size range I keep for water retention........wouldn't work for most of them.

9. Hopeless

Hopeless ....Hopeful Now

Congrats now send me some of that positive weight loss my way please ;)

Sent using ConductDisorders mobile app

10. FlowerGarden

FlowerGarden Active Member

Congrats on your weight loss!

11. Lothlorien

Lothlorien Active Member Staff Member

Congrats! Brag away....no one else is going to sing your praises, right? You deserve a major pat on the back!