New Generics Available

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Lothlorien, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Lothlorien

Lothlorien Active Member Staff Member

I just got a letter from Ins. Company. These are now available in generic form. I noticed several that are popular among our kids and ourselves. Take a peek....

Ambien (I think most of us know that one)
    Cipro XR
    Coreg
    DitropanXL
    Duragesic
    Effexor
    Lamisil
    Lotrel
    Mavik
    Nasarel
    Norvasc
    Pravachol
    ToprolXL
    Trileptal** (whoo!)
    Verelan PM
    Zocor
    Zofran

Possibly coming in generic form some time this year are:
    Actonel
    Depakote/Depakote ER
    Effexor XR
    Fosamax
    Lamictal
    Paxil CR
    Pulmicort
    Requip
    Risperdal
    Serevent
    Wellbutrin XL 150mg

2. 4sumrzn

4sumrzn New Member

Gotta love the price breaks. FYI...Lamictal is available in generic currently, 25mg only. More pills to take, but saves us $$$ a month.

3. SRL

SRL Active Member

I'd be happy to see Pulmnicort generic. Makes up for the formulary I picked up today for easy child's itchy scalp. 1 ounce 2.5% topical hydrocortisone solution cost me $40. There's gotta be a cheaper way...

4. susiestar

susiestar Roll With It

Duragesic (fentanyl) has been in generic for a while. So has Lotrel. Not sure we take any of the others, but always glad to see more medications in generics - we NEED our medications!!

Thanks for posting this

Susie

5. crazymama30

crazymama30 Active Member

How much does the generic Lamictal save you? husband and difficult child both take it, between the two of them we go thru 300mg/day. That would be a lot of 25mg pills.

6. 4sumrzn

4sumrzn New Member

Our copay for generic Lamictal is $10. Yes, she has to take more pills a day but it saves us $50 a month & she takes pills just fine in applesauce. It's worth checking in to even if you pay outright, may save you some $$$:D

7. busywend

busywend Well-Known Member Staff Member

No Aderall XR yet, huh?! Agh!