New here; desperate for help

difficult child just called to get picked up. I had been messaging him that he had a dr appointment this am and we had sublime tickets tonight so i guess if he's not coming back then I'll give the tickets to his cousin (he hates his cousin). He is not saying much, being stand-offish and arrogant so, honestly, i'm not that happy to see him although its an enormous relief to know he's home. Now begins operation lockdown! This will not be fun!

exhausted

I am so glad you have him. I know the feelings you have about relief yet not happy to have him there with all his behavior. I hope he will get a tough set of rules and a good PO that will hold his hands to the fire. I hope they also help him process the junk about his father. This hurts so much.

You cannot let guilt set in. You have to live your life. Keep doing what you need to stay healthy or else the life is sucked right out of you and you are no good to anyone. Right after school was out I went down....I mean down. I was physically ill, could not move and mentally numb. I had held it together for 3 years and I just could not anymore. It took 2 weeks to get on my feet. Please go to class and eat and do what works for you.

I have wondered if moving would help difficult child as well. I have heard of many that it does. My difficult child really is very sick mentally so it might get her away from her contacts, but I don't know that she wouldn't just find new ones wherever we went. My sister lives in a mountain town in Idaho and has offered to take her (they have a lot in common difficult child wise)-but I just worry that the same will go on there and I don't want to pass my worries on. My sister really isn't very healthy anyway. I hope you can find a good place to go soon. ((Hugs))

Hard to believe things have gotten worse but they have. difficult child (14) keeps stating that he is NOTgoing to live here, is NOT going to stop smoking pot (took a hit FROM A STRANGER AT AT CONcERT I BROUGHT HIM TO RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!!). I took him to the hospital to try for a 5150, they say not bad enough, had to bring him back even madder. He ran away, tried to stop him, it resulted in minor altercation with him smashing my arm in the door he was trying to get out of and smashing up the phone I tried to call 911 from. I reported him missing, filed an assault charge to try to get him put into juvie where at least I know he's not on the streets doing drugs; when he came back a bit later I called the cops from another room and they just took him off seething and screaming and cursing. I don't know what happened to my sweet baby boy :(

OK, he's in juvie. Which is both horrifying and a huge relief. He called and was still argumentative and defiant and accused me of choking him; said when he gets out he does not want to live at home anymore. I told him he will not decide that, the conversation went nowhere, he is still being a rock-head. Later the nurse called to get his prescription info, she was very nice and said he has been cooperative.

A

AmericanGirl

I'm thankful he is safe and getting help. Also, that you sound calm and together. Might be the best thing for him, praying...