New member here

Apoe1984

Just want to say hi to everyone, I'm Terry from Florida. 25 years old, and clean for 5 years now. I know I will learn a lot from this site and maybe give some advice for everyone. Hope we all get along well.

Nancy

Hi Terry and welcome. Congratulations on 5 years clean, what an accomplishment. While we are a support group for loved ones of addicts, recovering addicts can provide a lot of insight to us. I will caution you the same way my in person family support groups cautions new members, family members are often times raw with emotion and we need to remember that when we are interacting. The needs of recovering addicts are different than those of family members. We would not want to say anything to jeopardize your recovery and I'm sure you understand what family member go through.

It is so important to have young people in recovery reach out to other young people to be an inspiration to them.

pasajes4

Your insight from the other side of the fence could help with what we as family members sometimes don't understand.

Nancy

Terry if your user name is your personal name I strongly suggest that you contact one of the mods here and ask us to change it for you. It is not a good idea to have your real name on a public forum for your own privacy and protection.

Apoe1984

Thanks everyone. Will help here as much as I can, for all of the readers here. And Nancy, how can I change my username here? I'm just new to the site and don't know what to do.

Nancy

Go up tp the right hand corner and click on your name. In the drop down list there is a "change user name" as the last item. Click on that and follow the instructions. Members can change their name once and then if you require it to be changed again for any other reason, let a moderator know. Good luck.

3boyzmom

Welcome and congratulations on being clean! I am hoping you can provide some insights to the behaviors and thought processes of those who use. I know I am interested in any and all help.