New venture for difficult child#1

muttmeister

I have posted here before about how well difficult child#1 is doing. He decided he didn't want to spend the rest of his life at Amigo's (even though they made him a manager) so today is his first day at a one month program at community college to get his CDL. I'm not sure a computer genius with a high IQ is perfectly suited to be a truck driver but at least he has a plan and is putting it into motion. The money is pretty good and there is always a demand so I am happy about it. Also, as he mentioned, they have random drug tests so that means absolutely no drugging at all. Another plus. I am anxious to see how today went. He was very proud and told me that when he went to get his learner's permit they had to do a 50 question test and when he got barely past #40 they told him to quit as he had passed.
I love it when I can post something positive. Now if I could just do something with difficult child#2....

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
So happy you have good news to post......sounds like difficult child has a direction.......GREAT! Also a plus that he stayed long enough at last job to reach manager position......all sounds like pluses to me..........

Coookie

Nan,

That is good news. :) He set a goal and is going after it. :D Please let us know how his day went.

Hugs

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Oh gosh, Nan. Your difficult child#1 and Rob grew up together. I feel as if one of my "second sons" is making progress. I'm :9-07tears: and busting my buttons with pride.

WAHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suz

Star*

call 911........call 911
Mutt -

If ANYONE deserves a "finally" darlin' it's YOU.

I'm so happy for you! BIG Hugs

mstang67chic

Going Green
I'm not sure a computer genius with a high IQ is perfectly suited to be a truck driver but at least he has a plan and is putting it into motion.

I remember some years back, seeing a program on child genius....um..geniuses??? Aaaanyway....lol....there was one boy who did the whole graduate high school at 10 or 12 and graduate from college at 15 or some unholy age like that. His goal in life? He wanted to be a game show host. He had the voice down and everything. So you know...eh..if they are happy, making a living and it's all legal then :its_all_good:

But yes, YAY for him! He wanted to better himself and is taking steps to accomplish it. Can't ask for more than that! Congratulations!