new website

hopefloats

So sorry I haven't been on in a while. I've been dealing with several major issues in my family. When it rains, it pours!!! I just wanted to say hi and give you guys this web site. My difficult child's doctor gave it to me. You might already have it on the site but if not it's a very easy step-by-step guide for school system to evaluate the child. We're doing ok, still arguing with the school system to get him help. They say that ODD isn't really a disability so they can't really do anything. But they can still kick him out of school. Right now, we just seen his psychiatrist for the first time. He is still evaluating but says he has some ADHD symptoms. So We have to get his teachers to fill out a question sheet. But his teacher thinks that these behavior disorders are a joke. She hasn't said that but, that's the attitude she takes so I'm not sure how much help she will be. Why is it so hard when all your trying to do is get help for your kid. Sorry, needed to vent. I'm glad to see some good news on here. It gives me hope!

http://www.ed.gov/parents/needs/speced/iepgui

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Looks like a very helpful website....is this in the Archives of CD site? If not would be a good addition....