Nichole Hospitalized

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
The gallbladder surgery itself went ok.

Except........

Surgeon was concerned that Nichole was bleeding too much, both for the minor incision for the laproscopy, and the removal of the gallbladder itself. Surgeon said she'd never seen a patient bleed so much. So she took a look at her liver while she was in there. And Nichole has spots on her liver. Soooo not good. Surgeon doesn't know what it is....But between that and the excessive bleeding opted to admit Nichole rather than send her home.

The poor kid is in alot of pain due to the surgery and the kidney stonesl. She's groggy, miserable, and grumpy as all get out.:faint:

Prayers needed please. I'm about to go research spots on the liver. I know it's not good, but I'm working with an hour and a half sleep and my brain refuses to tell me why it's not good.

everywoman

Oh Daisy. You and Nicole will both be in my prayers all day. I am so sorry things are going go badly for her right now.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
{{{Lisa}}} I know you must be petrified. I"m so sorry that Nichole's health is in such a poor state right now. Sending lots of healing thoughts and prayers.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Daisy -

That liver was from a Dalmation and nothing to worry about (okay that's what I'm keeping in good thoughts for my niece)

Keeping you in our prayers.....
Hugs
(it will be okay Mom - really)

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Hoping the spots are nothing out of the ordinary and Nichole recovers quickly from the surgery......

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions yet, I had a heart scan and they said they saw something on my liver..... turned out to be nothing and I was told it is common to have benign cysts on liver......

Sending strength and healing prayers.........

M

ML

They recestly saw dark spots on husband's lungs and we worried for days until the second xray showed it was nothing. Probably "nipple shadows"! Please let us know how she is doing, I'm saying a prayer for her right now. Love, ML

Josie

I'm another one who had spots on my liver discovered during another surgery. Mine turned out to be benign cysts also. They are apparently pretty common and frequently discovered incidentally.

Sending healing thoughts.

trinityroyal

Lisa, sending hugs to you and to Nichole.
Hope that the liver spots turn out to be benign cysts or something equally harmless, and that Nichole's pain levels drop.

Saying prayers.

Trinity

Lisa,

I'm keeping Nichole in my thoughts and praying the spots are nothing serious. I hope she feels better soon!!!

I know it's hard, but try not to worry too much yet - Lack of sleep makes things so much worse... Try to get some rest!!!

Sending lots of hugs to you and Nichole... WFEN

Steely

Keeping you and Nichole in my prayers. Poor thing. I hope they have her hooked up to a morphine drip so she can just rest.

Keep us updated, and get some rest.

donna723

Get some rest, Lisa, and try not to worry. I hope the spots turn out to be nothing serious and that she's feeling a lot better soon.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I caught a 2 hour nap and headed back to the hospital. Nichole was much more awake and alot less crabby. Pain seems to be under control for now.

doctor was concerned because of the combination of the spots on the liver, Nichole's prolonged bleeding, and her age. I'm also hoping it turns out to be nothing too serious. Nichole has always bruised easily, very easily. There is a list of several things it could be from minor to serious, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Only thing that sort of peeves me off is that all the surgeon is doing is running all the clotting factor tests. Except for the pics she took of the liver itself....no other tests will be run. As far as I know she hasn't contacted fam doctor. She said something about giving the pics and tests to Nichole to take to fam doctor once she's discharged. Now the girl is already there. Why not call fam doctor, call urologist, get them both on the ball, do what they need to do, then let the girl come home?

Nichole has asked the nurse about taking care of the other areas while she's there, but the surgeon won't be back in until the morning. (I hate small town hospitals ugh)

Thanks for the prayers and well wishes. I've got to get in touch with her professors to let them know what's going on......and then get caught up on my own assignments.

Hugs

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Lisa, can you contact the doctors and let them know what's up? Maybe they can make a point of contacting the hospital or paying her a visit.

Continued prayers

F

flutterbee

Lisa,

I'm so sorry Nichole is going through this. Poor baby. I know she's not a baby, but she's your baby.

Ok. Let me get my thought process out here. Bare with me - brain fog.

After the angioplasty, I hemorrhaged from the cath site. This is very rare. And I lost 5-7 pints of blood. When they did the CT scan, they found a spot on my liver and just assumed it was a benign cyst - which it may very well be.

After the second heart cath, I bled again from the cath site - although not near as much as the first time.

I've had doctors doing tests asking me if I'm still on blood thinners because I bleed more than they expect. And I haven't been on them for almost a year now.

I saw a new doctor today. He was absolutely wonderful. He couldn't do anything for me, but he is still wonderful. He thinks outside the box.

You know my symptoms and current issues. One thing we talked about is what was different after the heart attack that could possibly be responsible for all of my pain going *completely* away for 3 months. We talked about diet and it really hadn't changed much. My diet before the heart attack wasn't bad. I just added more fruits and veggies and watched saturated fat. Then we talked about Plavix (blood thinner). I was allergic to it and it made me bleed like a stuck pig. You're going to bleed easier on a blood thinner, but this was excessive. I'd find blood on my clothes and have to go looking for the source because I wasn't even aware that I was injured. I didn't leave the house without a first aid kit. I didn't bleed like that on the Ticlid (another blood thinner). So, he said the risk/benefit ratio wasn't good. Well, no. I'd bleed to death from a minor injury in a car accident.

Then I told him about the hemorrhage. How my pain went away immediately after. Completely gone. Not even a twinge. He thought that was really interesting - didn't blow it off like all the other doctors. Then I brought up hemochromatosis. He was impressed, but said they probably did all kinds of blood work at the hospital. And I said that you don't find this on regular blood tests; you have to test specifically for it. He thought it was definitely worth a shot and I had the test done today. It may or may not turn out to be anything. But, the treatment for this disease is bloodletting. Which would explain why my pain went away after I hemorrhaged. (And he didn't tell me I was nuts and to stay off the computer. :tongue:) And, by the way, I've been wanting this test for several months now.

But, with Nichole's ongoing symptoms, her bleeding, kidney stones - it sounds so much like me. I thought I would pass this along and see if you wanted to mention it to the doctor. It's a very easy blood test and it's inexpensive.

Here's some info:

http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/hemochromatosis/

You've already got one kid with a blood disorder. I think this is worth checking out.

(((hugs))) to you and (((hugs))) for Nichole.

rejectedmom

comming in late here but just want to say that I am sending prayers and good thoughts that Nichole has a speedy recovery and that the spots are nothing serious. -RM