Nothing earth shattering but why do things go wrong in groups?

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by DDD, Nov 16, 2011.

1. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

First I better say that I am grateful nothing major is wrong. on the other hand, the past two days have included a series of aggravating business issues. Why to heck do they always come in groups? My fax machine broke yesterday when I was waiting for some important diagrams for a customer. I bought a new machine and I swear it is written in five languages and finally I had to call a tech...who is late. A new important (government) customer came in looking for obsolete parts. I found them and was shocked that they would only cost me $45 a piece. Not! The shipper couldn't locate the the rebuilts so they shipped new at three times the price...not good I quote on the first price. That's the end of my vent.

Do irritating things come in sets for you, too? Ugh. DDD

2. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

Always. Usually in a series of 3's oddly enough.

Yet this last batch has been going on for about 3 yrs with one thing after another...........I'm hoping I'm getting it all whammed at once and that when it's done it will be smooth sailing. lol

3. Signorina

Signorina Guest

I wonder if Mercury is in retrograde...not that I am a big believer in all things zodiac - but my life has turned upside down in the past day...

4. AnnieO

AnnieO Shooting from the Hip

Umm... I think I know part of the answer. But not all of it.

When something goes wrong, and it's small, and we're not stressed, it's not a big deal so we blow it off. But - when something reasonably important goes wrong (fax dies, you need it for work), it stresses you... So the new fax, which is a PITA, stresses you more, and then you quote something lower than you can actually deliver and you're more stressed... Snowball effect.

One ant is squashable. An anthill is a little harder. A monster ant mountain is impossible.

Another thing - something goes wrong, and I get stressed, I make mistakes. So now something else is wrong and I'm more upset and I make more mistakes and...and...and...

5. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

I KNOW!!!!!!!! My boobs......fell in twos....I'm just thankful there wasn't three.

SOrry about YOUR shipping delima.