Oh, Hello there!

keista

Hello everyone! Oh, I've missed you all and this board!

My busy season snuck up on me, and during that time I was working 12-14 hour days. No time for much of anything but work and sleep. In January I was still trying to keep things moving so I could relax the rest of the year. Yeah, I LOVE my work!

Just a quick update - DD1 is officially an Aspie and doing very well. Just so happened that she got the strictest teacher this year and that puts her right in her own comfort zone - she doesn't have to worry about "regular kid" shenanigans because the teacher takes care of it all. Just had a meeting on Friday and the staff was quite surprised at the diagnosis, but when we went over the report and analyzed how the supports we've put in place are working so well for her and, yeah, are very much Aspie geared, I saw the light-bulbs go off over their heads. So we keep going like we're going and try to predict and preempt any problems when she transitions to middle school in two years.

Son finally finished his Algebra course with a C - yay! But now is struggling with his virtual school chemistry - both material and format. By hook or by crook, he'll get through it.

DD2 is as awesome as ever.

Me, I realized that I actually get addicted to message boards. So much so that too many things get put off and neglected (not the kids, but chores and work and such) So, I'm back. I want to be back because I really did miss everyone, but I must tread carefully and exercise self-discipline (an elusive beast for me) so as not to get so caught up I neglect the rest of my life.

Now on to the task of getting caught up!

DDD

Good to see you back. I think we all go through phases of Board addiction. It sure is easy to let chores slide when such good company is intantly available........and everybody is so darn smart, too! Glad to read your update as your life seems to be on the upswing. Hugs DDD

buddy

Welcome again! (got ya in the pm I sent too...)

We missed you and asked about you from time to time... just sending good energy....

see ya around the board.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Welcome back! (((hugs)))

Great update!

I'm not one to talk to you about board addiction, I've been here more than a decade. :rofl: