Ok, end of September check in time.....

LittleDudesMom

Fall is upon us...

Time for changes, time for recommittments, time for updates.....

This month finds me much happier with my healthful living goals. Seems like getting back on schedule since school started has given me the push I needed to get back with it!

I'm busier than this summer - and more scheduled - so I keep moving until the late afternoon/early evening. I do my best to prep dinner in the early morning or early afternoon (chopping veggies, precooking what I can, etc.). That way I don't have to think too much when the dinner hour approaches. Plus I enjoy cooking so much more in the fall than in the summer.

The water fitness classes have really helped in that they are doing more "boot camp" type classes where you are actually sweating in the water - it can really happen, trust me!

The final incentive is the tv ad! I figured if all these folks are seeing me on tv (or hearing me on the radio) giving testimonial on the gym, I best show some visable results! You can't imagine how many people have said something to the kids, called or emailed me, and old friends and coworkers (prekid days!) have reconnected/found me on facebook because of the ad! It's been fun.

So I've got the more rigid schedule, cooking more, more rigorous excersice, and the ad to give me that push I needed so badly!

How are you guys doing?

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Sharon-Sounds like you are in a good place right now with exercise and eating!! The water boot camps sound like a good thing!

I've been doing good on both fronts (exercise & eating) until this weekend when we traveled for my niece's wedding. For the first time in 5 1/2 months I did not track what I ate (and not just for 1 day but for 3). I'm hoping to get back on track tomorrow because I do not need to put any weight back on. On the plus side, I was excited when a co-worker brought me an outfit that her niece didn't want anymore. When I look at it and then the size, I thought no way, but it did fit and looked really nice.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Sharon(1&2) - you both sound like you're doing well! Excellent!

I started out on WW in a fairly percarious state of mind. I knew I had to do something and I know it meant (despite what the Duchess says) depriving myself of a few things. However, I don't know if the logical side of my brain was communicating all that well with the self centered side that craves Yodels every month and pies on the weekends!

I lost a total of 4 lbs in 3 weeks. Sounds great, I know, but then I gained it all back and then some within a one week span of time. Weigh-in this past Saturday was not so much fun. In fact, I fled the meeting. Weighed in and split with my tracker and little 4th week booklet...something about figuring out the healthy habits of successful losers. Well, being as I felt like a big fat loser, I tossed the book aside and pulled out my week one book. The one with tips about stretching my meals and using less points but eating more filling foods. Eventually, I pulled out that one about healthy habits, took the test and read it from cover to cover. I learned some things.

Thing is, I think we often start a "diet" but don't really fully get ourselves (heart, mind body and soul) into the knowing of how the diet works, why we should follow that diet and what our goals should be - clear cut goals.

When I started WW, I just thought I was overweight by those same darned 15-20lbs and my tummy looked a bit doughy. Deep down, I'm petrified that I will end up like my mom: Obese, diabetic, unable to move, swollen joints and post meal atrophy, alleviated by a nap. Wake up, start eating all over again. Ugh, no thank you!!

So, I made a fresh start today. I'm back on track. Each day is my new start day. H found my old WW booklets about dining out, etc., and I have those in my car just in case. I even marked the places and items that I normally would eat so I can retrieve the point values in moments. So far so good.

I incorporated some more movement into my day and I hope to become a 7 day a week mover.

Thanks for this thread - it's helping me get and stay motivated!

N

Nomad

I've been super duper busy with- work and school.

I'm exercising fairly regularly...but eating is up and down.

Some days good...some not so good.

I've gained over the last month or so and I'm not getting it off one bit as planned....even though I've made some attempts.

Forlorn over here....

A friend suggested the following:
Breakfast: One small bowl of cereal and a small amount of fruit
LUnch: Large soup or
Small soup and small salad
Dinner: 1 WW TV Dinner or
One small dinner....the same size as a WW TV Dinner (keep an old tray and fill it up...using lean meat and veggies)
Dessert:
100 calorie popcorn or
100 calorie yogurt

Anyone think this is a good meal plan???? She says she lost weight doing this and it was easy, etc.

HELP

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Health is good. Made from-scratch lasagna on Saturday, baked zucchini bread before that, made beer bread yesterday (it didn't rise... Think the yeast deactivated, it was in the cabinet forever)... And have been eating fairly healthy.

Still have light cough left from my cold... Just annoying. Sinuses do not like the weather change, but that's because I'm allergic to everything. Well, close.

Emotionally, I'm a wreck, thanks to husband, my own issues, and friends.

COME ON SEPTEMBER GO AWAY!

...Wake me up when September ends... LOL

keithpr

I am also looking forward to October, September just wasn't my month. A lot of stress at work, problems with my family and I also had a minor leg injury. The positive thing that keeps me going is that October has to be better.

N

Nomad

Step 2: Can I get the recipe for baked zucchini bread? Are there a lot of fattening ingredients in it?

Fran

Former desparate mom
I'm hanging in there. I would like to see the pounds peel off faster but with age comes patience.
My exercise routine has been strictly adhered to and coming along. Boot camp finishes on Friday but I am signed up for 3 days a week when I'm in town. I will do their 2 days a week that concentrates on weights and one day that is all cardio. In the meantime, I am running- well a slow jog. I did a 25 min loop. Not fast but it was not flat terrain. I'm tickled. I couldn't do 2 min when I started. I am anxious to get to 3 miles but I'm concentrating on small goals towards that end.

So all in all I am pleased that I stuck to the 4:30AM wake up call.
I still can't seem to avoid the sweets on the weekend. I suspect I will be saying this for the next 20 yrs.