Older 'n dirt

BusynMember

I lived in Des Plaines, IL for thirteen years, home of the first McDs. It is still there as a museum.

I used to go to McDs a lot as a teen. It was around. There were many of them. Burger King, Jack in the Box (or Barf in a Bag), Wendys etc. This was in the late 60s and 70s. Oh, yeah. KFC too.

Pink Elephant

I lived in Des Plaines, IL for thirteen years, home of the first McDs. It is still there as a museum.

I used to go to McDs a lot as a teen. It was around. There were many of them. Burger King, Jack in the Box (or Barf in a Bag), Wendys etc. This was in the late 60s and 70s. Oh, yeah. KFC too.
One of the biggest fast-food highlights for me when I was younger, was going to a Tasty-Freeze for a friends birthday party! Also remember going to a popular pizza place where we lived a few times, too, for a friends birthday, and that was like winning the lotto! LOL!

BusynMember

Pi-zzzzza!!

When I was just a squirt and skinny we lived on the same block of one of Chicagos best pizza places, Lou Malnetti's. It was cheesy and derp dish and delish. It is something I would never eat today because it was soooo good, but unhealthy and probably 2,000 calories a piece. But, oh, what a treat! Anyone from Chicago knows what I mean :)

This was NOT fast food, but your post reminded me of this treat!

Pink Elephant

Pi-zzzzza!!

When I was just a squirt and skinny we lived on the same block of one of Chicagos best pizza places, Lou Malnetti's. It was cheesy and derp dish and delish. It is something I would never eat today because it was soooo good, but unhealthy and probably 2,000 calories a piece. But, oh, what a treat! Anyone from Chicago knows what I mean :)

This was NOT fast food, but your post reminded me of this treat!
Oh my goodness, have I ever got a major craving for a slice of pizza right now! LOL!

Jabberwockey

Hmmm... regarding your Big Mac question, did they use a yellowy coloured paper? I seem to remember that but may be mistaken. Fun question! Great post!

Yes, they used that paper but I was referring to the card stock thickness paper ring they put around the burger inside the paper to help keep it from falling over.

AppleCori

They were packaged in cardboard boxes at one point.

Don't know if they still are or not, since I haven't been to a McD's in forever, and haven't gotten a Big Mac since...maybe never had one, i just don't recall.

Lil

Yes, they used that paper but I was referring to the card stock thickness paper ring they put around the burger inside the paper to help keep it from falling over.

I remember that. I thought it was to keep all the lettuce and stuff inside.

Anyone remember the McDLT? They served it up in a separated Styrofoam box to keep the cold side cold and the hot side hot? Basically, to keep the lettuce from wilting while it sat. lol

I personally experienced 14 of the list...but I've at least heard of every single thing.